HubSpot Ideas

lindahl

Multi-language option for Chinese should not be categorize based on locations

I've noticed the multilanguage selection in KB menu is based on country.

We're an agency who serves several international company across globally and its headquarter is in Taiwan. I've been receiving feedbacks behalf of our clients that it's quite sensitive to have it categorize Chinese as Chinese - China and Chinese -Hongkong.

Most of their cases were to provide Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese documentation for their users, but then currently they're only limited to select these thru country/region.

I would like to propose into just shortening these and rename it to "Simplified Chinese" and "Traditional Chinese" instead.

There were many races across the world who understand Chinese Mandarin and it's really a bad idea to use "places" to categorize these.

Hongkong isn't the only place that uses Traditional Chinese.

We have several clients onboarding having this issue and been very unhappy regarding this. There's no difference either Taiwan or Hongkong in using Traditional Chinese characters or wordings.

Are there any chance for us to give this feedback to the product team? I'm not sure if this is a feature or it haven't been fully implemented yet. But it's definitely a stepbackward to our prospects who wants to move from Zendesk to HubSpot KB because of this multilanguage with region selection issue in menu. 

Alternatively, maybe proposing another way for us to modify the text on menu so users won't be offended to this? Thank you

Image%202020-09-17%20at%204.07.00%20PM

Image%202020-09-17%20at%204.08.01%20PM

3 Replies
LLu

can't agree more. Zendesk on the other hand shows Traditional, Simplified Chinese, so we had no choice to use it

JHsu

Using Region is just not a very effective way to set up Language selection using Regions. There could be multiple regions that are using the same language and also the users will need to know which region is representing which language to select the co-responding to which region. 

This is should not be only about Chinese. How about the regions that has multiple languge users? Whoever building this function has either no experience or not thinking the board UX. 😔

EvelynTsai

Can't agree more! Thanks for bringing up the issue!