HubSpot Ideas

gsatwik

Multi-Select Drop Down Field for Forms

The idea is to have a Multiple Select Drop-down, which can enable a form visitor to select multiple options for a property by clicking on a dropdown and searching for an option. This would essentially be an altrenative for Multiple Checkbox Field Type, for when there's too many options in the property.  

I've recently faced this issue, where I have a Contact Property field with about 250 different options, with the ability to have multiple options associated to the property. I need to insert this Property into one of my forms, and I find that having this property as a Multiple Checkbox means that the form becomes extraordinarily long, and I have to make the user scroll through each and every option to find the ones relevant to them, along with scrolling through all the 250 options to get to the next form field.  This makes for an incredibly bad user experience on the form, and I'm bound to have an insane bounce rate due to this. There seems to be no other usable alternative as of now. I'm using a multi-select dropdown in my Jotforms at the moment. As much as I'd love to move all my forms to Hubspot, the lack of this field type makes it quite difficult for me. 

The form I'm using now looks like this: 

Screenshot 2020-01-17 at 14.42.12.png

65 Replies
teamgi
Participant | Diamond Partner

This is an absolute necessity and the way it's currently setup in forms looks very unprofessional without this.

HPNP

Yes, please Hubspot, include this. Multiple checkboxes take up way too much room on the form and give it an overwhelming appearance.

charu

Yes I too am looking for this functionality. Both to have a longer list without taking up so much space and make the form look so long, and to have different types of looks on the form. I am trying to avoid having two multi select forms on the same form

neo_ahmad
Participant

i am also looking for this. this is a must. we cannot have the regular checkbox if the options are many. thanks

bsommer
Participant | Elite Partner

This idea would be very helpful for us. In our use case, we have 1500 schools that we want to include in a field. Users would choose their school in a form. Obviously scrolling through that many options is not a good experience, but a text entry field is not good for us to segment users either. If we can provide a search feature then users can find their school quickly and if it isn't in the list then I'd love for them to be able to type whatever value they want.

A_Makram

Indeed it is an absolute necessity to be added in the forms to make it more flexible and presentable as well. 

Anieves

Please add this feature!!

jlondonForecast

This would be tremendously helpful. Please, HubSpot, let's get this on your development list!

KSarpu

This would solve a lot of problems if people decide to use Hubspot Forms. This is one of the reasons we've been reluctant to use Hubspot Forms.

CLefaivre

How is this not already an option?

JLopezAdalid

Need this idea to be real ASAP , please hubspot

terencejohncort
Participant

This will be game-changing. Please make it happen!

MRTucker
Participant

Yes we would love this option as the forms do look very messy with the current multi-choice layout

CourtPatel

I ran into this issue today and am in need of this functionality as well. Please make it happen HubSpot team!

jpeluso
Participant

What's funny about this is that Hubspot has this feature in SEVERAL places throughout the platform, but it is not made available for use. I had to pay a developer some decent money to make this happen with one of our properties. 

EugeniaM
Member | Partner

I absolutetly agree with this recomendation. I work with some clients and all of them ask for something like this

Gary_Wright
Participant | Diamond Partner

Would use this for SO many clients, please HubSpot 🙂

ShubhamVoxco

Should be made available as early as possible. It should've been thought of while developing forms. Pretty basic feature.

richard88
HubSpot Employee

This ability to have a searchable form field for all multiple checkbox and drop down values would be a huge help to mutliple customers who have larger lista for a single form field // property.

JCNunsys
Contributor | Elite Partner

Tengo varios clientes con esta misma limitación, nos ayudaría bastante que se implemente esta mejora en los formularios...