HubSpot Ideas

mseitz

Most Recent Source Type

For each contact in our HubSpot account it tracks the Original Source Type as a property (e.g. LinkedIn, Email, etc). However, it does not currently track subsequent referrals, which would be helpful to know the success of our campaigns (especially PPC/remarketing campaigns). Is it possible to add another property called "Most Recent Source Type" or "Last Source," which would update each time the person came to a page and filled out a form. That way we aren't attributing conversions to a source that was several months (sometimes years) old? It seems the technology is there since you are tracking the original source; just want to be able to attribute to the last source type. Thanks.

41 Comentários
davidgomez
Participante

This is something critical for us since once you have your contact there's no way hubspot can tell their original source the next time they fill out another contact form. Please fix this!!

kate27
Participante

100 % agree.  I need to see which contacts who submitted a form found the landing page by the source type.

ljbren
Membro

I would third this!

To others, right now you can at least track this with UTMs. I would be curious what other analytics tools there are out there that can assist with this as well.

Amore
Membro

This feature is critical to our team as currently we are not able to track our campaign efforts.

David_Moore
Membro

This would be a fantastic metric to have. I want to report on monthly inbound submissions by channel but I can only figure out how to report New Submissions this way.

thomasboyd
Participante | Parceiro Elite

Also, adding 'Became a Marketing Qualified Lead Source', 'Became a Sales Qualified Lead Source' etc as properties would allow us to report lifecycle progression by source, rather than just reporting submissions, contacts or customers created in the given date range.

thisisdatis
Colaborador(a)

There's gotta be a workaround for this - HubSpot team ... anything? 

cordeirogg
Membro

This is absolutely necessary, especially when integrating data with other sales platforms, so we know where the sales prospect came from when marketing sent it to sales. Any update on this, Hubspot?

hubspotpro
Membro

This is greatly needed!

Status atualizado para: In Planning
dmastin
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

sarahstevenson
Participante

This is critical -- thank you for moving to planning and keep us up to date on the status!

Quinten_
Participante | Parceiro

I'm also in need of this. Is there a planned launch date for this feature?

Leena
Membro

Definitely something our team is interested as well.

It would be ideal to figure out what source and utm tags has helped to push the contact to MQL stage, SQL stage, Opportunity, etc.

tahnee
Membro

This feature is very important to maximise marketing efforts. It would enable us to better identify contacts would are at the consideration phase of the marketing funnel, thus enabling us to score them and notify sales of warm leads. 

tmcglynn
Membro

An essential feature, please add!! 

mark_sheehan
Membro

Please add! 

darshakparmar
Participante

Something very essential. Though, disappointed that it is still in planning stage.

davidgomez
Participante

It is a SHAME that after 3 years this is still the same. We do need this feature urgently.

darshakparmar
Participante

Can HubSpot speed up this, please? It's difficult to gauge which efforts are driving engagement AFTER contact has been created since the original source never changes (as the name suggests).

Status atualizado para: In Planning
dmastin
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi, everyone! We're in the process of building and delivering some other highly requested/anticipated features before the end of the year. Letting everyone know that addressing most recent source type, as well as some of the other examples @thomasboyd laid out, is something that is still on our roadmap. We'll keep you all posted once we're done with some of the heavy-lifting backend work.