HubSpot Ideas

SeanWiklund

More predefined colours with description tag

I’ve created brand pages on our website where I’m using the main colour from each brand to increase the brand perception. The green colour is our own main colour – but for other brands, I use theirs:

Skärmbild 2021-12-20 085556.png

Typical brand page:

SeanWiklund_1-1639986717178.png

In order to work efficiently, I need to keep track of the colour hex code for each brand – like our own; #a6ce39. We have 16 brands we’re offering products from right now. That’s at least 17 hex codes and more to come.

Now, I’m using the “My brand kit” on the HubSpot settings page for this – but I’ve just noticed that HubSpot have a maximum of 20 predefined colours.

SeanWiklund_2-1639986717221.png

(“You cannot have more than 20 colours”):

SeanWiklund_3-1639986717229.png

I’m pretty sure I’m a minority in having this many predefined colours, but I’d still like the CMS to able to hold at least 30 or 40 – or maybe even not limited at all? What an additional 20 fields does, is it gives me at least two more rows in the editing view:

SeanWiklund_4-1639986717253.png

Also – and this is important – it would be great if I in addition to this – on the “My brand kit” page not only can enter the colour hex code, but in a field beside it also write a definition, for example “Primary colour”, “Secondary colour”, “Only for buttons”, “Brand x primary colour”, “Use at last resort” or whatever definition you need.

The primary colour is already defined by a separate field at the top (grey below), but it might be so that you have several primary colours (even though how strange that might seem) – but the most important thing is to be able to define/tag each colour with a word or rather maybe a sentence (limit that field to for example 50 characters or so (rather longer than shorter in this case).

SeanWiklund_5-1639986717283.png

Then, when you work in the CMS and need to pick a colour and you have several colours that have almost the same nuances – you can just hover over the colour and see that you pick the right one…

SeanWiklund_6-1639986717322.png

0 Upvotes