HubSpot Ideas

Michele

More intelligence with Duplicate emails - synch with Salesforce

Salesforce allows us to have multiple contacts with the same email. Hubspot does not handle this well now. 

It is not uncommon for us to have a couple that shares the same email. In Salesforce it allows us to have 2 contact records with the same email address. Hubspot only allows one email address and seems to randomly attach to the contact record. i.e. Jose and Maria Martinez both have contact records in Salesforce with the email MartinezFamily@gmail.com

If Maria fills out a form with her name on it in Hubspot, it will link to Jose's record if he has the latest modify date. 

We need to be able to match on email + name!

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Re: More intelligence with Duplicate emails - synch with Salesforce
November 29, 2017 03:30 PM

Hi @Michele,

Thank you for the additional context regarding matching on name and email.  Adding logic to check for fields other than email to deduplicate is not on our current roadmap, but I understand your use case here.  Usually we recommend merging records on the Salesforce side to solve for the same contact duplicated.  

As an alterative for your unique use case, I would recommend selecting a primary record in Salesforce to sync (Maria for example) and to have the email in the standard Salesforce field.  Then create a custom field in Salesforce to store the email address for the secondary record (Jose) so it is accessible.  This does not deduplicate based on name, but it will eliminate the sync from updating the sync relationship and the 1:1 relationship will be from Maria in Salesforce to the existing record in HubSpot that has a unique email.  

Thank you again for providing feedback on the integration and please let me know if any related questions come up!

Cara

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
November 27, 2017 12:00 PM

Hi @Michele,

Thank you for your feedback!  In HubSpot, we deduplicate contacts using email and usertoken as the 2 unique identifiers.  At this time, we are not planning to add the functionality of having duplicates with the same email to our CRM.  Using email and usertoken has proven effective to reduce duplicate records and maintaining data quality.  This behavior is also fundamental to the functionality of other tools including imports, email sends and form submissions.  

For more information on how the integration handles duplicates in Salesforce check out our knowledge documentation here.

If we decide to revisit this functionality at a later date, we will update this idea.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Cara

3 Comentarios
Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
cjankowski
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @Michele,

Thank you for your feedback!  In HubSpot, we deduplicate contacts using email and usertoken as the 2 unique identifiers.  At this time, we are not planning to add the functionality of having duplicates with the same email to our CRM.  Using email and usertoken has proven effective to reduce duplicate records and maintaining data quality.  This behavior is also fundamental to the functionality of other tools including imports, email sends and form submissions.  

For more information on how the integration handles duplicates in Salesforce check out our knowledge documentation here.

If we decide to revisit this functionality at a later date, we will update this idea.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Cara

Michele
Miembro

Hi @cjankowski

I understand that you are not planning to add the functionality of having duplicates with the same email to Hubspot. That is not what I am requesting. Salesforce does allow duplicates and Hubspot does not have any intelligence as to which one it synchronizes with. 

My request is not to have Hubspot allow duplicates, but to build intelligence into the synchronization so that when it finds one in Salesforce, it checks for name as well in the match. 

The way it is now, one day it'll synch with Jose and the next day with Maria... This is a BIG problem!

Thanks, Michele

cjankowski
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @Michele,

Thank you for the additional context regarding matching on name and email.  Adding logic to check for fields other than email to deduplicate is not on our current roadmap, but I understand your use case here.  Usually we recommend merging records on the Salesforce side to solve for the same contact duplicated.  

As an alterative for your unique use case, I would recommend selecting a primary record in Salesforce to sync (Maria for example) and to have the email in the standard Salesforce field.  Then create a custom field in Salesforce to store the email address for the secondary record (Jose) so it is accessible.  This does not deduplicate based on name, but it will eliminate the sync from updating the sync relationship and the 1:1 relationship will be from Maria in Salesforce to the existing record in HubSpot that has a unique email.  

Thank you again for providing feedback on the integration and please let me know if any related questions come up!

Cara