HubSpot Ideas

NT-Adam

More information boxes and personalization tokens for contact owners

So I have a bunch of automated emails and regular emails that I want to personlize to have their contact owner's email address and phone number in the email body and in the signature at the bottom.

Right now I'm only allowed to put an owner's name but not email as a personalization token and I would like more fields to be added so we can personalize a hubspot user even further. Something like phone number or even a user addresses can be useful as we sometimes have a sales person that doesn't work in the office and will have a different address then the company address. I also don't know why we can't use a contact owner email token in an email body copy since it's already in the system. I have to put a generic email address rather then a contact owner's personal email address that they entered in the hubspot system. You could use the Email Aliases if you don't want to use the email address that you use to contact hubspot as an email token too.

The biggest issues though are phone numbers and extensions since we have multiple phone numbers and offices with different extensions for everyone so I can't use 1 phone number for an owner token that could come from a different office or even someone's cell phone.

You could add these fields to a hubspot user's basic information and could be pulled from there into an email. More contact owner personalization overall would be better though since I'm forced to use a single email address and phone numbers in my emails which have to be cloned and divided up by whatever office I'm sending something from which doesn't always work.

2 Replies
KPClaypool

100% agree. I couldn't believe it when I realized you can't insert an email address or phone number as a personalization token.

In addition, would be great to have the flexibility of adding custom fields to user profiles, accessible via personalization tokens. That way HS doesn't need to add a new field for every possible bit of personal data.

NMcIntyre

It should be possible to access attributes of the owner object for use in personalisation tokens

even if it has to be done as code: e.g. {{ contact.contact_owner.phone }} or {{ contact.contact_owner.email }}