HubSpot Ideas

snedyavila

More granular permissions for managing Subscription Types

Currently, as long as a user has access to Marketing Emails (even 'Read only' access), they will be able to add/edit/delete Subscription Types in the portal settings.

This can be problematic for organizations with large teams of content creators as any user with access to the Marketing Email tool will be able to alter the carefully defined Subscription Types.

For such organizations, it is imperative to have a separate admin-level permission specifically for managing Subscription Types (and perhaps the other email-related settings), regardless of whether they can read/write/publish in the Marketing Email tool.

14 Replies
hayleybushell

Yes please .. we really need this for our organisation

hollieparker

It is important we have this permission implemented for our business.

Stine
Contributor

Subscription types NEED to be locked down!  Please consider this fix soon, I can't keep checking that users aren't accidentally creating these.  Thanks! 

kelseyingram392
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is a pretty core functionality needed for many of our clients. Would love if the ability to edit/add/delete subscription types was limited to users who are able to edit global settings. 

For many of our clients, they have large number of content creator users who need to be able to make and send emails. However those same users should not be able to edit subscription types for the organization as a whole. 

Torivt65
Participant

Agreed with everything stated already. The sales and marketing teams at my company use Hubspot and while sales needs to be able to send emails they shouldn't be able to touch marketing tools like subscriptions. They get confused though and incorrectly use this feature.

SBladeni

Agreed. How this is missing in Hubspot I have no idea. Its essential to be able to lock down the ability to edit subscription types to only certain users such as SuperAdmins.

hubspotter594
Participant

This is needed for us also - we have a custom subscription centre based on who is eligible to access subscriptions. We do try to educate our internal international users, but mistakes happen. It would be good to lock this down.

KatyaManges
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Desperatly need this functionality to exist - especially as it intersects with GDPR functionality. 

KrHansen
Participant

This update is critical, hope to see it in the very near future.

CauseMicMatt

May the Hubspot Wizards see this and make it a priority as it would be 🔥!

JOpie
Top Contributor

Oh my goodness yes. We have far too many who have access to this who don't realise how badly things could get **bleep** up if they do...

Hosioneh

Yes please

Bjorn-Ramboll
Participant

Please create this feature! This is something that we're struggling to control.

Nigel-A
Participant

We could use this... surprised it has taken so long to get implemented