HubSpot Ideas

Deborah

More formatting options in Sales Email Templates

It would be great to have more or precise formatting options in the Sales Email Templates. Problems I'm facing up are:

• a standard font "Arial", which isn't available in the dropdown for the fonts yet
  • the indent text button is missing to write on the same height as list items of a bulleted list

More formatting options could be made available through adapting/optimizing the editor or through a option to change the editor to HTML-code (and adapt the styling in CSS).

Thanks for consideration of this idea!

26 Replies
CaseyBeanBKS
Participant

I would like to see this happen too. Our firm has a strict style guide that we use for all of our emails. According to HubSpot, you can add custom fonts to websites and landing pages but not to email templates! An easy way to make everyone happy would be to add the font options that are available in MS Office. Currently, there is no Calibri font in HubSpot which is a standard/popular font and the color options are very limited. The spacing isn't customizable either.

This is counter-productive to the convenience that email templates provide! Any emails sent via HubSpot won't be in our style and pasting a template in Outlook will require additional formatting before sending so it can match our style.

Deborah
Contributor

What's the feedback of HubSpot in regard to this idea? Does the product team work on this or are more formatting options in Sales Templates not planned for future developments?

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

My clients need this too

smahaffey

We have Sales Pro and without a formatting option, we can't use the templates. This should be a priority feature. You can format ideas and replies, so it should not be hard to add formatting to sales templates.

Shriya
Participant

Yes! Indent option, more fonts, and more options in general for formatting is a must have in the sales templates section. This response box has more options than the templates do...

Evans4316
Contributor

I agree 100%.  I hope this happens sooner than later!  Smiley Happy

smarcher18
Contributor

Me too! Most of our sales emails are short and simple, but occasionally, we want to include more sophisticated formatting.  I would be really excited to see this functionality or hear of a workaround.

John_RJ
Participant

Also need the ability to copy/paste tables. This is key for many of our sales emails.

jdavisOH

Being able to paste tables both in Sales and Support / Service / CRM as well. 

The format is a tad generic, and it's difficult to loop back and fourth between outlook and within hubspot. 

bsmith5791

We really need indent formatting as well. Looking forward to hearing if there are plans for this.

reneen

Yes, please!!!!   Also please enable users to create better spaced when creating a bulleted list.  The only current options are bulleted lists with no spaces *or* bulleted listed with gigantic spaces -- there is no happy medium and neither is very nice visually for the reader.

mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

I agree, you can use Arial for marketing emails so we would like to use this in sales emails and sequences 

Andrew87
Participant | Diamond Partner

We have a client that need to see this improved as well. They are also quite strict with their style guide/brand guidelines and the font they use for email communication is Arial but isn't available in HubSpot unfortunately. 

They can use the HubSpot plugins to directly email from outlook but there doesn't seem to be a way to send sequences or insert snippets etc (without manually editing them first) with any other font than the default ones available in HubSpot which is pretty limiting. 

parthbhalerao

I want to include pricing tables in the sales template and it's a real bummer that it's been two years and this feature is still nowhere to be seen. I am appaled and maybe will cancel my subscription, everyone is providing this feature, literally.

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

We have added new options to the inline text editing toolbar of templates to include 7 standard fonts in the 'More' section of the text editor toolbar:

Formatting in templates.gif

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

kriz10

Would love to see the ability to insert a registered trademark or trademark symbol and format as superscript. 

Jagsir

Facing the same issue. All my sales reps are using differnet formats. Is there a way to standardize font style and sizes? Also the signature formating has to the same as body. Please guide me to a resource that'll help me accomplish this.

HilaL

It would be GREAT to have more formatting options in email templates, in particular the 'Indent less/more' button to allow for indenting a second line of bullets. (This is a helpful feature when listing products & specs for customers.)

Interestingly, if I create the email in Gmail and then copy/paste the text, the indented bullets remain. So it seems like the text box 'understands' the indent feature, it's just the the button isn't there!

This is text I wrote in Gmail and then copied/pasted into the Hubspot email template.This is text I wrote in Gmail and then copied/pasted into the Hubspot email template.

julianaso

Would be great if we can also have one-on-one email template style setting options, e.g. background colour of the emails, more font types (or even upload your own), text/link colours, button colours etc.

And it would be really helpful if we can add tables to email templates to show prices of product.

Will these be on your roadmap?