More formatting options for Service Hub knowledge base

It would be very helpful to be able to change the fonts on the Knowledge Base and also to be able to edit the number of items (currently fixed at two) listed under each subheading. 

29 Replies
atma
Top Contributor

Categories appear by default in alphabetical order. That's not good. Absolutely need to be able to choose the order and layout of categories.

Main categories appear but sub-categories do not. That's ok I guess. But why show only two articles? Need to show at least three.

The design is very bland. Need some styling options like big buttons for categories, and the option to upload custom graphics.

The font size is too small, needs to be increased.

Need to show popular support articles in a section.

There is too much blank space. Need to compact the design somewhat.

gloreal
Occasional Contributor

I agree. We'd love to be able to align our Knowledge Base more closely with our agency's branding by using custom fonts etc. We were quite surprised to find out that this is not an option.

jkearns
New Contributor

I do not understand why we do not have full editing capabilies for KB articles as for all other HS pages.

Brycelbrewer
Regular Contributor

I agree with atma, especially on potentially showing sub categories, at least three articles under a heading (2 just feels awkward), and changing the order.

A big thing for me would to also be able to create "sections" that the categories reside in.  For example, I would like to have a "Product" section that has information about our specific products listed in the categories.  I would like a "Media" section with video, webinars, etc.  Then a "General" section with overall information about how to contact us and common questions we receive.

daisylepage
Regular Contributor

This should be available as we want everything to be consistent with our website. The fonts are very different.

DanaEpp
Occasional Contributor

Absolutely agree with this. Its very limiting to not be able to:

• Change fonts to match branding of website that is also in HubSpot. The templates in the Design Tool should be reflected in the KB.
  • Showing only 2 articles in each category on the homepage for the KB is a waste of space, and doesn't match with how all other competitor KBs look/feel. It would be nice if that was increased to 5 at the bare minimum.
  • Would also be nice if there was a nice code snippet view so we can show examples etc. Even just a raw <pre> would be sufficient.
  • It would be helpful if we could have callouts / tables to emphasis notes/warnings etc.

Please consider this request. It's sad that this is table stakes with competitors products like Zendesk, and its almost been a year and this still isn't available.

cpalenshus
New Contributor

Totally agree with atma and Brycelbrewer.

I can't believe how limited the formatting is. I want to display subcategories, not just the first two articles in a category. If I did want to display articles, I would want to select which specific articles are featured.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

FINBOURNE-TW
Occasional Contributor

Good news - been looking for this feature and suprised when I couldn't find it

cortthesport
New Contributor

Yes please add in:

• Customization of font
  • Editing tools that are consistent with other areas of Hubspot (including UNDO and version histories)
  • Customization of top-level page.