HubSpot Ideas

mrspabs

More formatting needed on inline thank you message

For embedded forms, we need more formatting on the inline thank you message. It would be great to be able to have access to a HTML source button where we could drop in embed codes or format colors of the text.

37件のコメント
ryan_ross
参加者

Agreed! I ran into an issue this morning for a client where I couldn't simply adjust the color of the thank you message with the editor (black text on a black background...wanted white text).

I had to republish the form as an Unstyled form, and then have a developer reformat the entire form from the raw HTML to modify the thank you message color and put back all of the other stylings I had set from the form style options.

Upvoting your idea @mrspabs, and sharing it to another problem-solution thread so more people will hopefully upvote it as well.

yguerdat
参加者

I agree too ! It's really bad actually that the confirmation message is not formated with the same color as the text color in the form. Actually the confirmation message is not visible on a dark background. 

It would be great to manage some extra CSS elements for the confirmation message or for the form itself. Like it's impossible to choose the color of the warning message (field not completed). So if my background is bordeaux, the warning text is invisible. 

Changing the font or using the font of my website will be a great feature too. 

It's such a shame that you have to subscribe a PRO plan just for the unformated form. 

ninabeaulieu
メンバー

Same issue - dark background on a site with a form embedded. In the past we were able to add images as well (logos, icons, etc.) which would have been a possible workaround, but that seems to be removed as well. Upvoted!

evahahn
メンバー

I agree, too. We have the same issue. The current formating or not-formating makes it difficult to place important information like you will receive an email, please check your spam, etc, in an reader-friendly way.

beatrizarntz
メンバー

please do it now. Besides warnings, it's a must we need to edit constantly.

darkhousedev
参加者 | Platinum Partner

PLEASE! This seems like such a simple thing to add in. Just make the Thank You message a standard content editor with formatting options and a <source> option. This is the only display content I can think of in the whole of Hubspot that doesn't allow formatting. It's just silly that this isn't automatically a thing already.

DaveTwichell
メンバー

Really really needed. This is a massive oversight. I can't believe something like this would actually get released. Even worse that it looks like people have been asking for this for MONTHS without it being fixed. 

Erin9
メンバー

Agreed with everyone here. We want to use this for a demo request page, arguably one of the most important touchpoints on a website, and it leaves a sloppy impression having to use black text on our brand color background instead of the same white font we use for everything else on the form. Please update this.

feelcbd
メンバー

Really need this feature added. We have our HubSpot form on a black background on our site. Once a customer submits their information to sign up to our newsletter, they do not see our thank you message!

I have attempted to add custom css code: 

.submitted-message {
color: white !important;
}

But this does not override the color of the message.

From reading other posts, this seems to be an ongoing concern for users dating back to last year! 

@ Hubsport Support Team, has this been resolved? Have you found a workaround in the meantime?

Jessie
メンバー

We need this feature too, as the plain text really doesn't sit well with the design of the page the form is embedded onto. Please help!

copyjosh
参加者

As a software engineer, I have to say the fact that this unstyled thank you text hasn't been resolved by an intern in less than a day of it being reported as an issue should be an embarassment to HubSpot. Ridiculous...

BasNor
メンバー

Same problem here... please fix this.

jujubee
参加者

I simply couldn't believe it when I saw the thank you response. After filling out a lovely input form as a pretend user, I'm then directed to a thank you page with HUGE black bold unformatted text that isn't even left-justified (as I had formatted it to be). It looks like I've suddenly landed on an amateur website my youngest kiddo designed. 

Given the date of mrspabs request (April of 2019) — nearly a year ago — I'm stunned such a simple fix hasn't been implemented by now. How can we escalate this to the right channels to implement a fix?

jujubee
参加者

So, after speaking with a HubSpot sales representative, I understand why these formatting tools aren't available to many of us. To be able to format both thank you responses and rich text auto-reply emails, you need to have a paid HubSpot marketing subscription. I can't remember if the starter package qualifies or if it's a higher tier than that.

But given my organization's status as a fledgling nonprofit startup, we will be having to create workarounds for now. Bummer.

DaveTwichell
メンバー

@jujubee I'm at Professional and still have the problem

jujubee
参加者

@DaveTwichell  Seriously? No way! That's just not cool at all! Has anyone in this thread gotten a reasonable answer as to why this is still an ongoing issue? The fix seems like a no-brainer, and it makes me question HubSpot's integrity of support. It certainly deters me from thinking of getting a pro subscription down the line. 

markbajema
メンバー | Solutions Partner

All HubSpot needs to do is enable HTML or more styling options on the thank you message rich text editor.  We can make it bold, underline, text layout, but not font color?!

hheijnis
メンバー

Please please solve this simple but so important issue!

ステータスに更新: Being Reviewed
JoeMayall
元HubSpot社員

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post. Your feedback helps us build better products.

I think this a great Idea! I'm happy to say we are currently reviewing this request and its feasibility. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but all updates will be relayed on this thread.

I am changing the status of this idea to Being Reviewed as our team scopes out this work.

Best,
Joe

darkhousedev
参加者 | Platinum Partner

Awesome! That's great to hear. Thanks Joe