HubSpot Ideas

Snaedis

More flexible knowledge base design and layout, including custom HTML/CSS

There have been a number of different posts in the Community which are about the same core need (customizing the styling of the knowledge base), but many have been marked as "solved" or "delivered" because of options that get you part-way there. I'm consolidating those into this post so we can more easily track this need. This post should not be marked as solved or delivered until a knowledge base can be fully customized in layout and styling.

I've spoken with many customers who still want more flexibility in knowledge base styling, including: 

• Custom layouts for index pages and articles
  • More fonts and styling options to better align KB with the rest of a business's website

For those of us who are working to improve the HubSpot product, it's incredibly helpful to have example use cases from our customers, and the posts here on the Community play an important role in our prioritization process. 

Giving you more flexibility in KB styling is something we'd like to do, and when we have the bandwidth to dig into this project we'll look to you all for guidance on how to best support your needs. So if customization is important to you, please add your voice to this thread!

For reference, I'm listing here the other posts which are related to this topic: 

196 Commentaires
Davidtrillo
Membre

I'd be interested in adding some extra links to the header too.

liberworm
Contributeur

This is an important one for our company. We customize blogs and documents but can't do it with the knowledgebase. It would make sense to have this in the Forms Customization with everything else. 

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
goconnor
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

We are currently reviewing bringing custom CSS to the Knowledge Base and will provide more information on the status of this feature as soon as its available.

edstennett
Membre

🙏🙏🙏

We moved over to Hubspot from Zendesk recently and not having this in place very, very nearly swayed it. Zendesk's guide product, and the level of customization, is brilliant.

As a Hubspot Customer, I want my Knowledge Base to fully reflect my companies brand so that our customers have a consistent experience across all of our products and services.

In initially, the ability to load in some kind of custom CSS (or even better, edit the templates CSS directly) would be sufficient. Later down the line, something that integrates with the Design Tool would be cool.

rraven
Participant

This is very nearly a dealbreaker. The look and feel of your KB is the heart of your brand to your customers once they have signed on that dotted line. Even as simple as letting you apply one theme to your homepage and a different one to your article pages would be a start. As is it looks like I built my article content in a new system and built my navigation bars in 1999. Please bring this in line with the rest of your great customization.

Also... when our KB can't look as good as your own there's a challenge... Support couldn't help me even mimic what we liked in your own versions.

Zhariff
Membre

I am honestly shocked that they dont support this. It seemed like a given after their demos and playing with it. THis is a huge drop in capabilities compared to Zen Desk and they charge so much more? 

Huge Huge ball drop here... HubSpot - please get us customizable themes asap! thanks!

banjoski
Membre

The current knowledge base templates are very restrictive. It would be best if we could make the knowledgable fit into our current website style. We run a Shopify site so maybe a direct integration? 

At the very least we would want our header nav and footer to match. It's too simplistic as is and makes for a bad user experience when they go to this "microsite". 

finn
Contributeur de premier rang

+1

alfiedawes
Membre

I agree with DanaEpp - Having the knowledge base editable in the same way as editing landing page and email templates through the "Design Tool" makes so much sense.

jeffgodek
Membre

Let's get this into production so we can edit CSS soon. 

ClinicalHQ
Participant

How is this not available already?  Wish I could 100x upvote this.  For the price charged its completely unnacceptable to not have full design control.

andrewmill
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Thanks @goconnor 

MichalHertzmann
Membre | Partenaire solutions

We would like to be able to edit the breadcrumb and category menu of the knowledge base. 

The limitations on editing the Knowledge base make it seem like a seprate website, and not a continuation of our brand and offering.

VeeTardrew
Participant

Chiming in here as this is a huge deal-breaker for us at the moment. We already host our website on HubSpot, manage all our CRM, Marketing and Sales and I'm really wanting to implement the full Service Hub too (only using tickets at the moment) but the lack of customisation is a massive barrier. 😞 

akember
Membre

Agreed! It's really needed.

audpxi
Membre

Same here! Would really need more customization to knowledge base.

JPWY
Membre

Would very much like this!

jzelmanash
Membre

I'd love to have the ability to change font colors as well to match our style guide. I'm able to do this right now, but cannot do it with my paid subscription on my own instance of Hubspot.

Calebb
Participant

+1

We also want the custom styles from our HubSpot default form to show up on the contact us page in our knowledge base. HubSpot support has confirmed this is not possible today.

stan123
Membre

We would like to have the ability to upload our own fonts to Knowledgebase.