HubSpot Ideas

jnormand

More control over product lists like filtering or advanced search

Our product catalogue in Hubspot is growing and becoming more complicated. Currently our ability to organize this list is very limited, basically just folders and sorting alphabetically. 

It would save our team a ton of time to be able to have more control over searching for products when creating deals, such as an advanced search and/or being able to filter products based on product properties. 

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: In Beta
October 20, 2023 09:08 AM
Estado actualizado a: Idea Submitted
February 16, 2023 01:59 PM

Hi there!

I'm Alvin Chan, the Product Designer on the HubSpot Products team, and we are currently working on improving the Product Library experience. If you're interested in providing more feedback and talking about your needs, please reach out to me at: alchan@hubspot.com

Thanks!

Alvin

August 30, 2022 11:05 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of how you filter within the Product Library but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. That said, we will be releasing a feature in September that allows bulk deleting of Products in the library, which clears the way for more features for filtering, saving views, etc.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 08:59 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
January 14, 2022 11:39 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

74 Comentarios
MikeBroomfield
Miembro | Partner nivel Gold

Sorting of products can only be acheived by using the Data Stamp (first date/time stamp is the first product presented in the list), you need to manipulate that in a spreadsheet before loading, this is a MASSIVE pain for maintenance when constant updates to the catalog are needed. SO PLEASE lets have some functionality to allows to change the order, we have that ability in the way we present data properties to users in companies, deals, and contacts so it shouldn't be difficult. Also there is no ability when loading product data to direct it to a specific folder in the catalog. When I imported a list of products that needed to go into different folders I had to import first then move them to the folder. 

KCallon
Miembro

Also would like to be able to reorganize the items at anytime

ThomasMaharaj
Miembro

I cannot express how fustrated I am that you cannot search products to a deal by searching for a SKU instead of the product name. As our quoting process becomes more and more complex, it is vital that we be able to do this. Our sales reps are spending too much time literally 'guessing' which product should be on the quote. In the current quote, you can see the SKU so often we add all our products that have the same product name to the quote and then have to remove products that are the wrong SKU. Please if this. 

rtonini
Miembro
I share the same frustration. The same issue also spills over to the list
of QUOTES. Since the platform doesn't all you to see the quote full quote
name, we are wasting time clicking on the quotes one by one to try and find
the one we are looking for. They often begin with the same phrase, making
it a guessing game. It would seem simple to list these out in a format
similar to the one Salesforce uses, where you can see the full line item
name and easily identify the one you are after
Brendenourth
Miembro
We really need the ability to SORT (organize) Product folders. This slows down the quoting process a lot!
KLio
Participante

Can I add to this - I would like to be able to sort manually by our package type and sizes. Alphabetical would be great at worst case scenario, but being able to individualise the order for my company would be ideal. 

Currently in order to have our products listed in package size/cost, I would need to delete all of them and re-add them whenever we changed a package or added one. 

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
ethankopit
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

LMichael
Participante

It's interesting that other dropdown lists and we create can be listed in any order we want, including alphabetical, but not the line items. At least alphabetical would be really helpufl!

vanHooijdonk
Miembro

We would really like to see the Line Items in 'alphabetical order' when adding these items to a deal. It will save our sales team a lot of time...

FernandoVW
Miembro

Upvoting!

It is very hard to work with extense and changing product DB with the limited edition / filtering options available on the current products view.

begdell
Miembro

Upvoting!

I would LOVE to see our Products in alphabetical / numerical order. It would be so much easier as we have a relatively large (and growing) catalogue of products.

RTurnbull
Participante

Please prioritise this, being able to organise the view for sales team adding line items should in theory be a very basic feature and not hard to implement, in particular as organising items is available elsewhere in the system.

Currently building quotes takes far too long hunting for products.

ethankopit

JoaoParra
Miembro

It would be essential to have more than the "item name" property when adding products in a deal/quote, e.g. SKU, product group/folder, price.

RBallantyne8
Miembro

Alphabetical sorting for products should be the default, not creation time/date. This is the most intuitive and only logical default order for a product/services/price list.

The search time for users and the chance of not selecting the correct product is a lot higher when lists aren't alphabetically/numerically sorted.  This is even more important for folders, which are supposed to help sort and group products to reduce the length of lists to look up - however, this is confounded by not sorting the Product list default - users have to remember the position of folders to access them, negating any productivity gain there may have been in implementing folders in the fist place. 

We number folders to ensure products and services are added in the same order as our price list, which builds the solution to bill the client.  The only way to currently do this is by exporting all products, deleting all products in Hubspot, sorting the CVS to ensure everything imports in the correct order and then re-importing the products into Hubspot.

I really hope this gets looked at soon.  Whoever thought that designing the Product list to display by creation date/time should consult more in the real world.  Any time I update my pricelist, that item moves to the top of the list, destroying the ordered list.  Commodity based products and raw materials fluctuate all the time.  We do quarterly price reviews on our entire offering while having to constantly update pricing based on demand, logistics and supply-chain costs.  The chance of a user selecting the wrong product/service because the list has changed order is frustrating and causes mistakes, costs time and requires us to rework - all the things that Hubspot is trying to prevent and improve.    

mwomack
Participante

@ethankopit What needs to happen to get something like this on the list to look at?  It is causing multiple issues and we are to a point where upper management is looking at different solutions once our contract is up.  

rodericks
Colaborador

@ThomasMaharaj definitely need this too! A lot of time goes to waste just to select the product based on a name, and then find out you got the wrong name. Instead, I want to see the SKU when Im adding a product to a deal. Like this:

rodericks_4-1655293275275.png

nwcarlson
Miembro

Definitely need filters when adding products to deals. HubSpot has documentation on offering CPQ, but the "configure" portion of this is lacking.

Our products are highly configurable but each configuration has its own part number. Our products are similiar to how you would select an automobile. If you were selecting a car online, you'd often be asked a series of questions in a generally specific order:

1. Make

2. Model

3. Trim

4. Engine

5. Color

We sell conveyor belt cleaners so our sequence would go like this:

1. Product line

2. Belt width

3. Blade width

4. Tensioner

5. Blade color

But we sell other products, too, which would have different attribute sequences. If we could add configuration to each product to define it's attribute sequence, then add that sophisticated filter system to the add line item selection window, you would have a very slick tool that would save users a lot of time regardless of industry. 

It would also be nice if the filters displayed how many products qualify for an applied filter catagory. If those counts could dynamically adjust as you add filters, that would be great.

For instance, we might have 100 cleaners with a belt width of 36". So if you go to apply a belt width filter, you'd see 100 in parenthesis next to 36" option. So once you apply that filter, let's say only 60 of what's left have orange blades, so you'd see 60 in parenthesis next to the orange option for the Blade color filter. You'll see this feature on a good percentage of ecommerce sites.

ethankopit

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of how you filter within the Product Library but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. That said, we will be releasing a feature in September that allows bulk deleting of Products in the library, which clears the way for more features for filtering, saving views, etc.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

KCallon
Miembro
Thank you for the update. Any progress is appreciated