HubSpot Ideas

StephenRS

More comprehensive source information on creation of contact

There are a number of scenarios where the information provided on how a contact was created is rather limited making it difficult to figure out what activities are proving effective.  For example, a contact receives a link to a Sales Document and on filling out the Document Viewer Communication Consent Form they provide an email address and tick the consent to sales one-to-one tick box.  If the contact has filled out the consent form with the email address that the document link was initially sent to then there's enough context in the existing contact record for this not to be a problem.  But if, for example, they fill it out with a different email address (I had an example where they just used a different extension .com -> .fr) or if the document link has been forwarded to a completely new contact then a new contact record is created with no information that tells me either the form they filled out or the document that they viewed rendering the contact almost entirely useless.

Recommendation: when a contact is created from a form, always include the form name and the context of why the form was completed (ie in my example, the name of the document that was viewed).

0 Upvotes