More Chat Widget Styling Options

There should be more styling options for the messages add on.

HubSpot updates
More Chat Widget Styling OptionsHubSpot Product Team
06-06-2019

Hi all-

I am happy to let you know we are addressing one of the issues from this post. We have implemented a way for you to move the chat widget to the left side of the page. This feature was released today and you can find this in your inbox settings. 

We will be working on further customizations to the widget later in the year. 

Please let me know if you have any feedback. 

Thanks! 

Cassie

More Chat Widget Styling OptionsHubSpot Product Team
changed to: In Planning
01-30-2019

More Chat Widget Styling OptionsHubSpot Moderator
02-20-2019

Would love to see some more ability to customize the design and look of the conversations tool. It is a great tool, but would love to be able to customize it more! 

55 Replies
Derro_SA
New Contributor

All of the above. Would also love the ability to specify the name displayed on the chatbot, not just have the system pull my first name from the preferences section. As a workaround I've had to change my first name to Comms Guy.

ABMTL
New Contributor

@brandREACH I had to move the ''back to top'' arrow to the left side of the window.

rvanuden
New Contributor

crazy that you can not simple move it to the left (eg)

i have a back to top button there which could be shifted but i can not change my 13 pages forms and the next buttons are just above the 'back to top' button.

Guess i will have to remove it which is a shame

robert1
Regular Contributor

Similar to some of the other people who posted we would need to be able to move the position of the chat bubble. We have a scroll to top option in the bottom right of our theme and would prefer chat to appear in bottom left.

maris7
Occasional Contributor

yes, to be able to set it on the right of the window Smiley Happy

loungelizardmac
Occasional Contributor

At least let us move the chat icon to the bottom left!!!

WiseTrainingOwl
Regular Contributor

The chat widget being fixed in the bottom right corner overlaps with another button that is fundamental to the functionality of my site and cannot be moved! I would love to just put the chat widget in the bottom left corner instead. How can I move it?

MBRBecky
New Contributor

Completely agree, the ability to move to the bottom left of the screen and amend what happens on a tablet is important too. At the moment it's far too intrusive on mobile devices! 

neilw
New Contributor

You can use this css to move it up or down which is all I needed . 

div#hubspot-messages-iframe-container {
bottom: 55px!important;
}

You can move it to the left using this

div#hubspot-messages-iframe-container {
bottom: 55px!important;
left:0px!important;
width:416px!important;
}

Doesn't look quite as good, it needs the initial width as it will get resized by a script when chat opened

WiseTrainingOwl
Regular Contributor

@neilw that worked for me. Thanks a ton!

For it to not overlap with the button on my site I just had to create one version for desktop screen widths and one for mobile widths using CSS @media. I found neither needed the width command, as that made it float oddly in the middle area of the page.