HubSpot Ideas

DBellamy

More Chat Widget Styling Options

There should be more styling options for the messages add on.

97 Replies
kevin1109

Hello HubSpot Product Team,

Being able to place the chatbot on the left or right corners is not enough for us. Placing it on either side would be in the way of important buttons/contents on our site. I need the capability of letting our users be able to drag the chatbot to where they prefer. Chatbot is super useful for interactions with site visitors, but at this time we are unable to take any advantage of it due to the above reason. Please set this your priority in optimizing the chatbot capabilities. Thank you.

Daveonearth
Participant

We def need more options for what the bubble looks like. Look at tawk.to options. More CTA looking bubbles and such. This gets lost alot of the time. 

theys

The Chat button and windows should automatically inherit CSS from your website, or the styling options should at least use the stock colors from Settings (for emails, I think?). You should DEFINITELY be able to use the same font as your website!

bradPlaydon
Participant

Hi there thought I would contribute my reasoning to needing more styling to the chat icon:

I am currently working on a mobile version of our website which uses a sticky footer similar to those on Instagram, Facebook etc to provide more of an app feel when browsing our website from a mobile. The issue that I face though is that because we use Hubspot live chat the icon blocks an element which is a vital element which a user can click to go to there cart. All I need to be able to do is simply position the live chat icon approximately 15px above the sticky footer.

Screenshot is provided to explain more.

Hubspot icon blocking CartHubspot icon blocking CartScreenshot 2020-03-31 at 14.42.24.png

bradPlaydon
Participant

@ianpetzer Much better thankyou.

ryan_philemon

The ability to style chat simlar to the Hubspot chat would be great. Specifically, the ability to suggest multiple knowledge base articles at once and search the knowledge base.

mainespotter
Participant

It would be ideal to be able to customize the chat icon and how close to the edges of the viewport it sits.  I've seen the post about moving it via CSS, but that isn't enough.  A choice of less intrusive (smaller) icons would be great.  On a phone, the current icon just takes up too much space.  I applaud the HubSpot team for making a chat link with such a large hit area... but sometimes bigger is not better!  Thanks!

commissionit

Hi All

Is there not a way to change the chat bot bubbel colour?

Thought it asked you when you set it up but you can see on my website that its the wrong blue and just looks bad.

https://www.commissionit.co.uk/

Surley you must be able to shange the colour somewhere?

Thanks

MMM

+1 for resizing the actual live chat box. On mobile it takes over the whole page once opened which ruins the experience if the customer is trying to browse at the same time. Has someone found a way to resize it on our end?

I went through the chat here but found no solution for now.

Thanks 🙂

Bandsome

Any updates on improving the chat icon settings?

The icon is super ugly and doesn't go with out website. We should be able to upload our own image for the icon, be able to adjust the sizing to our liking, and remove that god awful box shadow. It's hideous. 

Thanks

mrTrky

MMM

I just made a css workaround as

body div#hubspot-messages-iframe-container
    max-height80% !important
    max-width80% !important

you can try it.
jpeluso
Participant

Hopping onto this! Let me know when there is a Beta to try and break! - Joe

MMM

@mrTrky Thanks! Let me look into this 🙂

LizaW
Participant

Hi, within this update are the options to ensure the pop up is accesble covered and if not where can we access the Java script to amned the code so it is readable via screen readers? 

Martinm16

Hi, Martin here

i think there should be an option to reposition the widget location to either the bottom right or the bottom left side of our website. i believe it should be a choice for the developer😎

cheers, hope you consider this

Lisealouthmani

Bonjour, cela serait super de pouvoir modifier les couleurs des bulles de messages, typographie) afin de pouvoir être cohérent avec notre site internet.

jmbray
Participant

All of the above would be nice. A customer just asked for the ability to move the chat of the screen into a separate window.

"I can close and bring it back but the ability to move the window off-screen as a secondary would be better when chatting."

MarthaLord
Participant

The standard chatbox size is too large. It would be great to be able to scale it.

uriL

I would like to replace the chat icon