HubSpot Ideas

Cory_Porteous

Modify or Re-Order the Preview Tab/Screen for Contacts/Deals/Companies

I would like to be able to reorder the fields and associations displayed when previewing a record. Ideally, we could edit which fields we want showing but even just being able to reorder the categories would be great. For example, we always want to check what deals are associated with a contact record (and vice-versa) but the associated deals section is buried at the bottom of the preview tab.

10 Replies
LY
Participant

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I could have sworn the Contact preview pane used to have the About This Contact section at the top. Regardless, it would be helpful to me to have it there, and I can't move it there when other panels have easy-to-arrange sections.

JoseLitre
Participant

Our team is looking for a solution on being able to re-arrange or sort the 5 contacts displayed on the right side panel at the company level. Unfortunately below is an update from HS.

21 Oct 2021 - Response from HubSpot support about this idea: 

"When testing on company records in my own portal, I note that the associated contacts section in the company right sidebar defaults to ordering the contacts according to their create dates. Checking internally, our team confirmed that we use their contact ID more specifically (which is a proxy for create date, since the largest ID would be the most recently created contact).

There isn't a way just yet to update what property is used to order the associated contacts in the right sidebar, but I can see how this would certainly be valuable in cases where there are more than 5 associated contacts.

JoseLitre
Participant

Our team is looking for a solution on being able to re-arrange the 5 contacts displayed on the right side panel at the company level. Unfortunately below is an update from HS.

21 Oct 2021 - Response from HubSpot support about this idea: 

"When testing on company records in my own portal, I note that the associated contacts section in the company right sidebar defaults to ordering the contacts according to their create dates. Checking internally, our team confirmed that we use their contact ID more specifically (which is a proxy for create date, since the largest ID would be the most recently created contact).

There isn't a way just yet to update what property is used to order the associated contacts in the right sidebar, but I can see how this would certainly be valuable in cases where there are more than 5 associated contacts.

BernardSchut
Participant

I would like to have the possibility to only show open Deals within the Company page. Now, associated Deals on a Company page are sorted alphabetically, which means certain open deals are not visible at the Company page before clicking "view # deals". It would be great to filter out closed Deals at the Company page view.

Mads_Havsteen
Participant

I would love this feature as well. Being able to sort the contacts preview from company card view, would make it much easier to manage companies with many contacts.

This could be done based on contact proporties, but it could also be a good idea to base it around the new association labels.

LNoad

We need this feature, having the different associated contacts (with a deal) organised by 'contact ID' is not helpful. We would want them to be sorted if possible by a preselected sort function in relation to the Label associated.

Ie. we could group 4 contacts into 2 'groups', with 2 clients sitting above say their legal teams representatives.

JHurst2

Being able to view/sort contacts within a company view level or  deal level is a critical function for a modern CRM.   Going off page to another endpoint is slow and ineffective.

We would like to underscore the need for the following:

1.) Ability to sort contacts in view.  Even setting a list order would be possible as a short term fix vs. a user-side slider.

2.) Ability to see mobile number in card view. 

3.) Ability to see contact label - i.e. primary etc. in card view.

This problem is solved by nearly every CRM on the market, and we would like to challenge the Hubspot team to find a solution because dealing with companies with many contacts is borderline miserable!   Thanks HS TEAM!!!!

mattarnzen

At a minimum, the sort should priroritze contacts with Associations. Currently, there is no way to see associations on the "view all" page. 

JMoore86

Agreed!  I waste so much time getting to the contacts I actually connect with on a regular basis.  It would save a lot of time if I could choose which contacts are included on the company's initial display page.  Additionally, when you go to the contact list, you cannot hit the back arrow to get back to the company.  You have to start all over again.  

Yaara_LC

The first contacts to be created are often the most important ones since they are the primary company contacts. At the least, the sorting should be opposite.