HubSpot Ideas

adamhawes

Mixpanel Integration

Mixpanel will be sunsetting its email tools and we've been looking at alternatives for triggering messages. They have integrations with solutions like Marketo. It would make complete sense for Hubspot to have a strong decent native integration with them - without having to use a clunky 3rd party integration - like Zapier. 

I suspect this would benefit lots of customers. 

HubSpot Updates
December 07, 2021 06:04 AM

Integrations have a lot of depth. When you look at our Netsuite sync, one may wonder why it doesnt sync invoices or orders. Or in the Mailchimp sync, why it doesnt sync email templates. You can come up with this for any data sync app.
But.. I’m very aware of the fact that ‘just a sync of Mixpanel contact properties’ is really not your typical Mixpanel integration. Of course it needs events too, ESPECIALLY Mixpanel. We could have opted to not release the connector at all... but we had the code on the shelf, so why not put it at our users' disposal? I don't believe Mixpanel was planning to release a HubSpot connector 🙂  On the marketplace listing I'm making sure the expectations are set very clearly as to what it is, and what it is not. 
Right now, if you'd have users in an app which live in Mixpanel, and you're using HubSpot for some light marketing, this sync will at least make sure you don't have to bother with importing/exporting csv's. There's SOME worth in it, would you not agree?

December 07, 2021 02:46 AM

@adamhawes well, of course : HubSpot has plenty of native integrations that do support events data. I'm just referencing the subset of data sync apps here, which all follow the same logic / capabilities.

The collection of data sync integrations -  90% of which indeed stem from the PieSync code base - were all contact data based. Since a couple of weeks we've added deal sync to data sync's capacities. 

Also, technically "HubSpot" purchased "me" as I'm an ex PieSync employee 👋. I'm not sure how to interpret your "Ha ha" - I hope you didn't mean this in a derogatory way?

Through PieSync's acquisition, HubSpot is offering free native two-way sync to hundreds of different applications. I can't think of any other CRM that does this. And this is just the start- we're building an integrations framework here, you can't expect us to roll out 100 deep integrations that each come with a full app-specific featureset. We'll get there. Notice how I'm not marking this idea as 'solved' 😉 

December 07, 2021 02:24 AM

@adamhawes The data sync engine which fuels all 90+ integrations including mixpanel doesn't support events data, so it won't do it for Mixpanel either. I can see it work in tandem with another iPaaS like Zapier or Integromat though?

(Data sync does the heavy lifting in making sure the raw fundamental data sits there - leaving Zapier only to fire off economic events)

December 07, 2021 01:51 AM

This app was released as a data sync app on 6/12 syncing the user object. 

It does not sync events data though.

8 Replies
FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

This app was released as a data sync app on 6/12 syncing the user object. 

It does not sync events data though.

adamhawes
Participant

Thanks. Is there plans to support events data too?

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@adamhawes The data sync engine which fuels all 90+ integrations including mixpanel doesn't support events data, so it won't do it for Mixpanel either. I can see it work in tandem with another iPaaS like Zapier or Integromat though?

(Data sync does the heavy lifting in making sure the raw fundamental data sits there - leaving Zapier only to fire off economic events)

adamhawes
Participant

This is the integration company (PieSync) you guys purchased a year ago? Ha ha 

Is there plans to support events data with your native integration(s) in the middle to long term? Feels like a big feature missing. 

Honestly I would always look to use a native integration (HS or Mixpanel supported) vs. something like Zapier.

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

@adamhawes well, of course : HubSpot has plenty of native integrations that do support events data. I'm just referencing the subset of data sync apps here, which all follow the same logic / capabilities.

The collection of data sync integrations -  90% of which indeed stem from the PieSync code base - were all contact data based. Since a couple of weeks we've added deal sync to data sync's capacities. 

Also, technically "HubSpot" purchased "me" as I'm an ex PieSync employee 👋. I'm not sure how to interpret your "Ha ha" - I hope you didn't mean this in a derogatory way?

Through PieSync's acquisition, HubSpot is offering free native two-way sync to hundreds of different applications. I can't think of any other CRM that does this. And this is just the start- we're building an integrations framework here, you can't expect us to roll out 100 deep integrations that each come with a full app-specific featureset. We'll get there. Notice how I'm not marking this idea as 'solved' 😉 

adamhawes
Participant

I was a big fan of PieSync so nothing bad intended by the Haha. It was a great strategic decision. Hope you're enjoying life at HS. Are you a product manager? 

But for the mixpanel (and this applies for a few of the other new native apps) to be genuinely useful we need event data. I'm sure you realise this. A good mixpanel integration will mean our devs will not need to integrate our saas app with HS. 

i.e. User x did this action in the app and we know this through mixpanel and can subsequently trigger a workflow / email / task / ticket in HS. Now this is real power

FransLeys
HubSpot Product Team

Integrations have a lot of depth. When you look at our Netsuite sync, one may wonder why it doesnt sync invoices or orders. Or in the Mailchimp sync, why it doesnt sync email templates. You can come up with this for any data sync app.
But.. I’m very aware of the fact that ‘just a sync of Mixpanel contact properties’ is really not your typical Mixpanel integration. Of course it needs events too, ESPECIALLY Mixpanel. We could have opted to not release the connector at all... but we had the code on the shelf, so why not put it at our users' disposal? I don't believe Mixpanel was planning to release a HubSpot connector 🙂  On the marketplace listing I'm making sure the expectations are set very clearly as to what it is, and what it is not. 
Right now, if you'd have users in an app which live in Mixpanel, and you're using HubSpot for some light marketing, this sync will at least make sure you don't have to bother with importing/exporting csv's. There's SOME worth in it, would you not agree?

adamhawes
Participant

For sure. I can imagine what a big job maintaining 100+ integrations is!!

This may still provide us with a bit of value. So, we have app and portal users - admins and users. Having the status of an HS contact to mirror app context could be very useful for some comms.