HubSpot Ideas

Bryan

Minimum/Maximum Number of Characters in a Field

Ability to require minimum/maximum number of charcters in a form field. This would prevent users from entering a "space" to get through the required field. My application is for a zip code, where the user must enter 5 characters.

63 Commentaires
jpeluso
Participant

This would be extremely helpful for gathered content from clients (testimonials, etc.) 

Cecelia6668
Membre

Yes! We would like to be able to enforce a minimum word or character count on a multi-line text field that requires people to type a certain amount of words/characters in order to submit the form. This is crucial for our lead evaluatiojn. Those who type less in the form field are our weaker leads, and we'd like to weed them out in the beginning.

Eng
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Commenting on behalf of a customer here.

It would be useful for us to set a minumum length for a text field to prevent invalid data from being entered (e.g. spaces, hyphens). While custom validation with the onFormSubmit function is a workaround, it may be tedious for users with multiple forms to manage this.

Thanks for looking into this!

NicoleJ
Modérateur HubSpot

This would be great, as I've had a customer request this exact thing 🙂

victoriadubinsk
Membre

I'm also having issues syncing to other platforms that would be solved by imposing a character limit. Any chance we can get this implemented?

PNørgaard
Membre

Please add this solution. It is causing issues with our finance system. A maximum character length for a field in HubSpot would solve the issue. 

AsadAliMehkri
Membre

Very useful idea and an essential feature but sad to see that this hasn't been implemented even after 4 years of idea submission.

TTW
Participant

Please add this as an option. This is an essential option for many types of integrations. 

outdoor_life
Membre

Please add this feature.  It is breaking the Jira integration without having character limits.  Seems like standard functionality that should be included.

JU
Membre

Hi HubSpot Dev Team. This is a much-needed feature in HubSpot. Please consider adding it. Thank you!

NSpry
Membre

Adding request for support to this thread. There are difficulties with Salesforce sync that are an issue.

KNickolay
Participant

This is an issue with our ERP sync as well. Please consider this change-- thank you!

TashTag
Membre

Oh my gosh yes please! 

benesch_e
Contributeur

being able to format, require minimum/maximum word counts would be extremely beneficial for our data integrity.

Use case: Phone numbers, application form properties (we need the customer to provide us better information ) ect.

BIfill
Participant

I agree with this. It's an extra level that would really assist our qualification process.

dougfairbro
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Definitely needed, for example to stop people simply skipping 'first name' fields with one letter. This would help us ensure our database is clean by setting minimum characters in specific fields for our forms

KStewartRD
Membre

This is essential

KStewartRD
Membre

This is essential.

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
shajones
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi folks,

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! Our team is actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Shay

baumshelter
Membre

Please add character limits. It would be very, very helpful for our use of the forms.