HubSpot Ideas

Bean

Minimise or hide sidebar in Outlook

It would be great to be able to minimise or hide the sidebar in Outlook for Desktop on an ad-hoc basis. Currently, the only way to hide it is to also disable GDPR settings centrally. This would be especially helpful as many users on dual-screen set ups experience very wide sidebars that take up a lot of screen real estate. Thank you

31 Replies
ConversionCrew
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Would like to see the option to hide the Outlook-sidebar as well, as mentioned it's taking up a lot of screen estate and doesn't provide the user with the option to choose. I don't fully understand the current connection with having the GDPR-tools enabled, since to me this seems like a user interface topic instead of compliance.

dominikportmann
Participant

We would like to hide the sidebar as well. As we don't use the sidebar at all. It is only taking up a lot of screen space and system resources. For replying to an email it takes seconds longer with sidebar than without it. Why isn't there an option to deactivate the sidebar without  turning off the GDPR-tools. In my opinion, those shouldn't be connected. 

MattCCB

I support this suggestion too. In a way the sidebar is useful, but as it also pops up for internal emails where GDPR is irrelevant, it's a bit of a pain. (Just to be clear I'm talking about the Hubspot sidebar that is present on the right hand side of the window whenever you're working on a popped-out email in Outlook for Desktop.)

My biggest issue is that the Hubspot sidebar doesn't even get the heck out of the way for other sidebar functions, e.g. shift+F7 thesaurus and Outlook Insights. They flash up sort of behind the Hubspot sidebar and then disappear.

LKnox

Yes Please! Not only does it take up a lot of space, when I try to use editing tools (such as thesaurus) I'm not able to access them as they are covered byt the sidebar. 

DReed1
Participant

Absolutely need to be able to hide/relocate/etc. the HubSpot side bar, as it conflicts with other applications like FindTime.

bbutler1

Completely agree.  It should be ad-hoc to view, hide or adjust size.  Takes up too much room!

AKandlik

The extension cover other extensions (Grammarly). 

wcardenes

Completely agree!

fsandberg

Completely agree!

ednalim

Agree with this - the sidebar covers other extensions that have been installed. It would be good to make it movable or allow users to minimise it.

CPoole

Is there a resolution???????????? Does anyone look at these?

DicanDan

Not being able to close or move the Hubspot Sales sidebar window in Outlook is such a terrible inconvenience, as it blocks all other windows that I want and need to use that also occupy this space. Please get this bug fixed ASAP as it is impeding my productivity.

NK705

This sidebar creates conflicts with other apps that integrate with Outlook, and turning GDPR on and off is not a viable option when you work at a large organisation with a big sales team. Please advise on movement as I see many threads about this topic and the sidebar's obtrusiveness. 

NWallbridge

Yes, this is a problem for me too.  Hoping for a resolution quickly.

SMcClue

Here we are almost 2 years later and it's ridiculous this hasn't been addressed. This is a complete nuisance, and totally messes up the other functions of outlook. I will be taking this off my pc and searching for other options.

CarlosM
Contributor

I completely agree. I (shamefully) use Grammarly and this completely covers it up! Please provide a fix asap!!!!!

CDoucette8
Member | Partner

Created a community account just to reiterate that this should be fixed ASAP. 

NPeberdy

Totally agree - this sidebar has almost never provided me value, it just gets in the way. The lack of response to this issue would kind of indicate that HubSpot just wants the prime spot.

Please give us the option to switch off the side panel.

sean_carolan

Please implement this feature request.  I find it super annoying when the sidebar pops up even for a short email to a coworker.

JParker6

I upvoted but hope HubSpot can accommodate us sooner than later, it's annoying and takes up valuable screen real estate.