HubSpot Ideas

Gwbergado

Microsoft Teams Native Integration (Zoom alternative option)

This feature would be for the team and the client. There should be an alternative native integration option. Microsoft Teams is new, reliable, and trusted. I feel it is a great alternative option to zoom so users can send video link invites coming from their Microsoft Teams account. This will accomodate users of microsoft team, and anyone intereseted in transitioning to Microsoft Teams. 

71 Replies
kirstysweeney
Participant
Yes. Agree. Perhaps we could all post this request to hubspot groups elsewhere and get others to join the party. Maybe Hubspot will listen. Would be nice!!!!!

Kirsty Sweeney
(Mobile email send)
CBN
Top Contributor

@kirstysweeney FYI - then it works acceptable with the Beta, which has been available since the second half of 2020.

There has been no progress on the feature or deadline on the beta to my knowledge since around December 2020.

We made a number of significant suggestions to the beta. We have not seen any of them in the product yet.

Being a software developer myself I wonder why the current beta was not made available to all customers as it work well enough for use.

(Here I don't mention the gaps in Meetings in HubSpot in general [ALSO FALLING INTO THE CATEGORY YOU MENTION @kirstysweeney :

• Meetings does not support users time zones, so you have block you Outlook calendar in order not to be booked in the middle of the night or in weekends)
  • Meetings cannot be cloned
  • Meetings are private to a user and cannot be shared/owned by a team

)

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All 

I appreciate your frustration, and can only appologies for the slow of progress here. 

We have been experiencing some issues with getting this integration to launch, as we have run into some process related bugs between our system and MicroSofts - we are working closely with Microsoft to resolve this. 

My sincere apologies for the continued delay with getting this integration to you - I will keep this thread updated on our progress.

Thanks 

Patrice

AlexVerrills

Support this Idea? For everyone here I think this idea is also covered and has some good traction here: 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Automatic-Microsoft-Teams-Invite-Link-to-be-sent-when...

kirstysweeney
Participant

@poconnell  - as mentioned the beta works - ISH!!! why is this not open to us all?  As a software developing company also, I can not understand why this is taking so long, yet you are all over Zoom like a rash. @AlexVerrills - while I appreciate there is another thread. this has been going for a while. No amount of upvotes will change the position of Hubspot on this topic. They are just not delivering as they have promised with a Teams integration, while other cheaper alternatives to Hubspot are finshed that race and on to the next one. Disappointing all round. Without this integrationg not only is the marketing side lacking but the Hubspot for sales is useless in tracking meetings, manual and therefore not logged.

TonyDowling
Contributor | Diamond Partner

While they are at it, perhaps they could fix the sales tools extension in Outlook - I have to turn it off, its unbearable 

CScott8

It should also work seamlessly with the different chatbots so they can all be managed through Teams!  Does anyone know if this capability functionality was in beta?

Lucila-Andimol
Thought Leader | Platinum Partner

Hi @poconnell hope you are doing well.

I this Beta still open? I have 2 clients needing this.

Please let me know and I'll send you the IDs.

Thanks!

nielsvb

@poconnell can we be added to the beta of the native Teams integration? Thx!

kirstysweeney
Participant
Will be lucky if you even get a reply. Beta – LOL. I am beginning to doubt there was ever even a BETA testing with customers. If anyone actually got on it can you please leave a comment here. HubSpot is so far behind the curve now it is not funny. We need this integration for sales. It is so important.
FoodNotify-DK

+1 

PLippens
Participant

Hi

any chance this integration will still get launched?

kirstysweeney
Participant
Would be nice. Is there any chance someone from Hubspot would answer this? Would also be nice!
TonyDowling

Hey, at least we are all staying in touch with each other! lol 

kirstysweeney
Participant
LOL, I think we could have the API created quicker our self. So many other smaller companies giving this functionality, while we pay a lot of money to wait for Hubspot.:(
TonyDowling

The Outlook experience is bad, and not having the Teams integration is poor. 

Imagine if Microsoft actually takes off?! Then we'll be in trouble 

CBN
Top Contributor

Sorry @kirstysweeney but my advice is:

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!

CBN
Top Contributor

And we're on the beta program, but the support does not have any clue on how to make it work.

The meeting link is added as 'location' in the Outlook Appointment field, which cannot accept the long Teams meeting links ... so our customers and leads cannot open the Teams meeting directly if they user Outlook at the mail and calendar program.

MariZanchetta
Contributor

@poconnell  any updates on this?

This topic has been going on for too long now.

According to your message, this feature was supposed to be released by the end of last year!

poconnell
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All 

Thanks for your patience, and continued interest in HubSpots MicroSoft Teams integration. 

We know this has been very slow moving and we apologize for the ongoing delay in getting this integration to you. 

We have continued to run into a number of bugs and process issues that have caused significant delay on our progress working with MicroSoft to bring this integration to you. 

We are still working through some of these issues with MicroSoft, and will keep you updated on our progress here. 

Thank you

Patrice