HubSpot Ideas

JamieJ98

Microsoft Power Automate/Flow Connector

Hi it would be great to have a power automate connector for hubspot so we can make use of microsofts power automate platform.

Some CRM systems already offer this

JamieJ98_0-1608807203660.png

21 Replies
JamieJ98
Participant

As a temp solution download an old version of postman and export hubspot api definitions to a v1 collection then import to power automate

tmerridew
Participant

@JamieJ98 could you clarify why and which version of postman this would need?

JamieJ98
Participant

@tmerridew the file i have in my downloads is: Postman-win64-7.36.3-Setup.exe

tmerridew
Participant

Thanks, I've found a copy so will try with that.

KChelsberg
Contributor

I am very new to Power Automate, like yesterday, but I love data analytics and am a bit of  CRM geek, so I would love to learn what you were applying Power Automate for Hubspot for...  What was the desired task automation you were seeking?  I am looking to take full advantage of the power of HubSpot and wondering what others are doing with connectors and Power Automate/Power BI...  Thanks!

JamieJ98
Participant

@KChelsberg 
When sharepoint list is updated > post note to hubspot company record

Ron1
Participant

Has anyone worked out a way to connect Hubspot to Power Automate yet? I'm evaluating the product for our business and can't find anything about this. I would have thought this to be a necessary feature. We connect our current CRM to power automate to populate documents, setup folder strucutures and client projects based on CRM data etc. Without this feature I can't see Hubspot being our solution.

MahmoudElgendi

I really want to have this happen, it will be a win for Hubspot them self.

I am voting up for this idea a millions

please work on please 😭

Stanza

Hi,

Are you referring to this connector?

According to Microsoft it is available in Power Automate:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-au/connectors/hubspotcrm/

Stanza_0-1632888664658.png

Ron1
Participant

Hi @Stanza ,

This connector is from an independant publisher and requires access to HubSpot workflows. Workflows are only available in Professional. I am on Starter plan and can't afford to spend the many thosands extra to get that.

My workaround so far is to use Zapier as the connector to the outside world, then pass that information to Power Automate when needed. This is very much a workaround as Zapier doesn't intergrate well with Microsoft, so there is plenty of Zapier to Power Automate connection.

It just seems strange that Hubspot don't have a connector when most businesses use the Microsoft ecosystem.

JamieJ98
Participant

@Ron1 see my posts above, it is possible to use hubspot apis in an old version of postman and export them to a postman v1 collection which can then be imported into your own power automate custom connector

MahmoudElgendi

@JamieJ98 

Could you please share some totourials.

I am using the Free HubSpot. 

AZandberg
Participant

I don't think @JamieJ98 that this method works anymore due to sunsetting of API keys. Very frustrating, and the connector in MPA has not been updated to work with this change.

ash_

Is there a current solution for the free version of hubspot CRM with PowerAutomate?  I try using the Preview and it starts to connect, but then i get the following error after signing in and choosing my organization.  

Couldn’t complete the connection
Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the app developer.
Uthoocha1

@ash_ Did you manage to solve this issue at all, I am havong the same issue.

I have tried to Read the connector info on Github, but this is all alien to me. 

Any help / Direction would be apprecated thanks.

PNgo9

I tried to use this but I'm getting the same errors as the others:

Couldn’t complete the connection

Insufficient scopes were provided. Please contact the app developer.

Uthoocha1

@PNgo9 & @ash_ So I found a work around, and suggested a fix to the App Author, but I don't think he took me seriously. 

I think the App is missing two scopes around company object and company schema.

I posted my work-around at the link below, however, I had to take the Swagger JSON from the plugin Github page (file apiDefinition.swagger.json), and paste it into a Custom Connector swagger editer.

I then changed the security settings of the connector to work with API Token ensuring the Parameter name was called Authorization. 

I created a Private App in Hubspot with the scopes shown on the link below, then uses the Bearer token to Authorise my Custom Connector Connection and boom, got it working. Make sure you include the text "Bearer ***-***-********-****-****-****-************" before adding the Private app access key.

https://github.com/microsoft/PowerPlatformConnectors/issues/2309

Screenshot_1.png

Bastien_DELOGE

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeded !! 

RichardW_Dev

I have connected to similar APIs using the HTTP request option. Is this not possible with HubSpot?

Screenshot 2023-08-31 121126sdfg.png

TylerG
Participant

Yet another **bleep** moment from HubSpot. I sometimes get the sense that they are more concerned with upselling (oh, that feature is available in the ELITE tier!) than actually fleshing out their existing products and services for already paying customers...

Prove me wrong, HubSpot.