HubSpot Ideas

AnnemarieTN

Messages in languages other than English

In Messages you can customize the message. In my case make it Dutch. So the welcoming message is Dutch and when I'm offline it explains it in Dutch. But when you send a message while being offline the system asks in the next step for an e-mail adress. This message is standard and in English. This doesn't match our website and 'scares' away the visitors.

It would be a solution when you can customize this in your own language. Whether this is Dutch, Spanish or in English. If you can choose your own words it will be better converting these unknown visitors in known visitors.

11 Replies
HanaMBO

Hi 

to allow more than one off-line notification message version in the instant messaging would help me manage our multilingual website. We currently operate in English and French and there is no such solution where I could set up specific message for the English and French markets. I have opted not to use the out offline module for the time being, which means my chat messages are more generic than I would like. 

Thanks! 

Thanks! 

troelsfeodor
Top Contributor

Agreed we need much better multilingual support for Messages.

troelsfeodor
Top Contributor

We need this too. We operate in multiple markets and Messages is currently not geared for that.

Offline messages is definitely an important element. Routing based on country/specific message another one (which I will post separately)

annaS

Hi, we started using Messages recently in France and I found out that there is no way to not send a Chat Transcript Email to every person with whom we had a chat. It's a good idea this transcript, but the problem is that currectly it's in English and totally branded Hubspot... not at all acceptable with our French audience that will take it for a spam. Can you please let us :

1) Change every single word in this email

2) Make it possible to choose to send it or not

3) Not close chats automatically after some period of non-conversation (which prompts currently the sending of the transcript.

Thanks in advance for fixing this problem !

annaS

One more thing : it would be great to add a language option to the chat transcript.

AndreaDnamic

This feature needs to be a top priority for the sales pro dev.

Best,

Andrea

wefitter

I think the subject is quite clear 🙂

Emmanouil
Participant

Definitely, something that we can use!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

The initially posted idea is delivered: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/messages/can-i-change-the-language-of-my-sales-me...

For more requests regarding other parts of the tool please submit new posts 🙂

Merle

We need this functionality too. If all our team members are set to away, we can show an away message but just in 1 language. Since we operate in multiple multilingual markets, we cannot use the Conversations tool.