HubSpot Ideas

lindsayroseryan

Messages - Online Offline Toggle Logic

The implementation of the online/offline toggle for Messaging seems counterintuitive. 

When you first load the messages queue, you are immediately placed online. I believe that this is the opposite of what most people would expect. I believe that it would make more sense for you to be offline, and decide when exactly to go online.

Once you are online, If you change your status to offline and refresh the page (which many people do out of habit) you are automatically placed back online. This also feels counterintuitive and unfortunately, it has caused our reps to miss conversations with customers because they believed they had toggled offline, but they had since refreshed the page and gone back online without realizing it.

I have spoken with HubSpot support on this, and I recognize that this is the way this toggle is intended to work. I also recognize there are scheduling capabilities that could solve some of this issue, but that capability alone does not completely cover our use case.

I am posting this idea to see if the community agrees's or disagree's with my thoughts on how I feel the toggle should work, in hopes that if a majority of users feel the same way, that HubSpot may decide to change the implementation to work as described.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Re: Messages - Online Offline Toggle Logic - changed to: Delivered
June 05, 2018 01:14 PM

Re: Messages - Online Offline Toggle Logic - changed to: In Beta
April 09, 2018 01:09 PM

I'm very pleased to announce that we have improvements to make this more intuitive in beta right now that will be released very soon!

3 Commentaires
beccat
Membre

I completely agree! I would prefer it to be "offline" when I go to the messages page.

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
hroberts
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

I'm very pleased to announce that we have improvements to make this more intuitive in beta right now that will be released very soon!

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
hroberts
Équipe de développement de HubSpot