HubSpot Ideas

Yazz

Messages MUST HAVE features

The messages tool is an under-utilized tool yet quite powerful. Our business has seen an uptick in leads once we implemented chat to our page. Of course, we were very excited when Messages appeared on HubSpot, since having a natural integration into our CRM was the dream. Unfortunately, HubSpot has a long way to go as far as standard features are concerned, to have the Messages tool function appropriately. These updates would benefit the Sales and Marketing Teams and the goal would be to increase visitor engagement and drive lead capturing straight into the CRM.

We use a product called LiveChat now and some of these must have features are quite useful and HubSpot would be highly advised to utilize the same. These features are:

1. Ability to transfer chats
    1. We run into the issue where a technical representative needs to handle a chat request and the ability to transfer said chat to another owner is a must for us.
  2. Chat via the Mobile App
    1. Allowing HubSpot Owners to chat via the Mobile App is a must have since our Sales Team is on the road quite a bit.
  3. Custom form questionnaire
    1. Currently I only have one option to allow chatters to give me their e-mail address, no custom fields are allowed. It would be nice to have this ability to ask for more information. LiveChat calls this a "Pre-Chat Survey".
    2. To top it off, the current feature, once utilized, sends the chatter a very wrong message: "Thanks! [HubSpot Owner] will respond by email.". This is not true, I simply wanted to capture their e-mail, not make them believe to leave the chat since I will respond via e-mail. So very wrong. If the person provides their contact info, do not give them any messages but bring them straight to the chat and save them as a contact within HubSpot.
  4. IP Address should be captured from the visitors since we have their cookies anyways once they engage with us. I personally have Workflows that depend on these fields and it would be nice to know where the visitor is located.
  5. Original Source should reflect "Messages" so that we can measure how many leads we are capturing via chat lines.
  6. Lifecycle Stage and Lead Status should be asked of the HubSpot Owner once the chat is closed to appropriately flag the contact.
  7. Reports on how many chats you had within a given time period should be readily available in the Dashboards view.

If others have any more suggestions, please add to it. I am a big fan of Messages (once done right) and HubSpot needs our help! Upvote this topic and let's grind this out HubSpot Team!

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
November 28, 2017 01:16 PM

@Yazz it's best to keep each idea post to one suggestion so we can best track what the idea and interest is from the rest of the community (see https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Guidelines-Announcements/HubSpot-Idea-Exchange-Submission-Guidelines/m-p/11670#M10). Most of the things you've listed already have separate submissions that you can upvote. For those that don't, can you please file them individually? I've listed out the big ones here for your convenience:

3 Replies
tajadojo
Participant

thanx Yazz for putting this together. 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

@Yazz it's best to keep each idea post to one suggestion so we can best track what the idea and interest is from the rest of the community (see https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Guidelines-Announcements/HubSpot-Idea-Exchange-Submission-Guideline...). Most of the things you've listed already have separate submissions that you can upvote. For those that don't, can you please file them individually? I've listed out the big ones here for your convenience:

Yazz
Top Contributor

@hroberts

I will make sure to separate the ideas into separate posts. I thought it may be helpful to have a group of ideas related to the same subject but if the opposite is true, then I do not mind following those guidelines.

Thanks for the heads-up.