HubSpot Ideas

Nwclark85

Messages Functionality

Hi

We are trialing moving to messages at the moment from an alternative live chat platform. While there are some great advantages of having it all within HS, there are a range of basic functionalities that is not in messages that are in other platforms and this makes it very possible that the other platform will be better suited to us for now. These functionalities are as follows:

• Inability to transfer chats between users 
    • Both manually by the user and after a set time with no response
  • Inability to see who is on the website and where they are and therefore reach out with specific messages.
  • No way to email the chat transcript to someone or save it outside of Hubspot
  • No way of seeing on a company level, who is online and how many chats are going at a particular time.
  • Lack of repoting and measurement
    • How many chats have there been over a set period (both company and individual level)
    • How long have individuals been online?
    • How many hours have the company had someone online? i.e. the coverage
    • A central depository of the chats so that we can review the chats of a particular consultant
  • Users to have the capacity to view ongoing chats as a training tool or to offer advice
    • in this instance the observer should be able to comment to the user in a way that the contact does not see.

Thanks

Nick

HubSpot Updates
Re: Messages Functionality - changed to: Delivered
January 10, 2018 12:21 PM

Hi all! It's best to keep idea submissions to one idea per post so we can best guage what people are upvoting and keep the statuses up to date for individual features 🙂

There are a number of existing posts that address some of the ones mentioned above that you can upvote and watch (see here and here for examples) . Feel free to file new separate posts for anything you cannot find already posted!

4 Replies
Marc4Marketing

I agree to these updates on the messages tool completly! The tool isn't as good as some of the competitors and that is really bothering me. I also post a different idea on how to improve the messages tool:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Segmentation-options-for-messages-chat-through-displa...

johnsei

I am also agaree this updates, and rule .. it can be helpful to every one who are asking and giving answer of question. yoga in rishikesh

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! It's best to keep idea submissions to one idea per post so we can best guage what people are upvoting and keep the statuses up to date for individual features 🙂

There are a number of existing posts that address some of the ones mentioned above that you can upvote and watch (see here and here for examples) . Feel free to file new separate posts for anything you cannot find already posted!

MHorsford

Message on the app - doesn’t look the best on the iPhone as you have to log into the website instead of using the app.  I want to give flexibility to our sales team when they are out the office, not make it a cumbersome task.