HubSpot Ideas

teknight

Merging Tickets

In my place of work, we recieved multiple different emails from one customer containing important information, all of which pertains to one ticket. Is there any way for me to combine all of these tickets into one main ticket that will then be built on by all future emails?

27 Replies
PeterC
Top Contributor

@ReduceMyIns - That's a great idea!

The function already exists in "Companies" ("Add Parent Company" / "Add Child Company")

It could be "Child ticket of..." and "Parent ticket of..." (with a multi-ticket selector for the latter option.)

ReduceMyIns
Participant

I would not call this "delivered" until there is a way to bulk merge tickets.  Now our agency spends most of the day merging each ticket one by one.  This needs to be enhanced to allow for multiple merges at the same time.

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Bulk-Ticket-Merge/idi-p/307097

Otterbot
Contributor

It's also impossible to search for tickets to merge, because the Ticket Subject is the same when tickets are created via Form Submission!

alguil
Participant

I definitely agree with @ReduceMyIns, to state that the process to merge tickets, as the possibility to multi-merge, should be way easier than the actual one.

On the picture below, a good way to do it would be for example to tick the ticket "test 2" and "test 1" and then to decide which one to keep as parent ticket

image (31).png

@cambria are you still planning to improve the ticket merge part ?

TauriH

I’ll add a few things that should be changed or should be thought out in the future.

1. The merge time can take up to 30 min – I can’t see why there should be any wait time if the only thing I do is merging a text from a ticket to another ticket. It should be reduced or the merge should be done at the same time when I click on “merge”.
2. Merge should be also done in the conversations view. That is the main channel that is used to create new e-mails and respond to the incoming e-mail (at least in my company) so the notification of “merging a ticket” should be shown in a ticket as a comment or in any other way.

DhContreras

Is there any updates on this feature request?

CEvans8

I can merge two tickets and can see the merged content in the new ticket; however, the customer cannot see the merged content in the customer portal. So effectively, the customer has lost visibility of one of their tickets. Am I missing something?