Merged (Secondary) Emails Don't Appear in Export Files

Hi Hubspot Community & Team,

When we started using Hubspot we merged duplicate contacts with different email addresses. Now when exporting contacts there is no option of exporting the merged email addresses which are saved as secondary email addresses. In future this may lead to redundancies. In order to avoid further duplicate contacts it is important to be able to lookup also the secondary email addresses and compare with a potential new email but right now the secondary email is kind of hidden. It can be used to send an email to a contact but further than that there is no other functionality related to it as I could test. When downloading a file the secondary email does not appear in export files. Could you change this? If this is not planned to be changed then it is definitely better to forgo and not use the merge function.

Best regards.

HubSpot updates
16 Replies
JerryReid
Regular Contributor

I hope this idea include exposing the secondary email addresses via the api to read and write, instead of changing the export file specs. I don’t see how any company can properly integrate any third party system like a CRM that has multiple emails per contact without it. Also, not sure how HubSpot can even consider themselves GDPR compliant without this feature since consent in the form of subscription types is managed at an email level and not contact level so if you do not properly manage the emails on a contact and their emails and associated subscription types between two systems you are going to have problems with keeping a customer happy.

JerryReid
Regular Contributor

Come on HubSpot, you can do it!

LBurke
Occasional Contributor

We have a problem where HubSpot merges incorrect contacts together because of incorrect cookie tracking. This would help spot those.

ebutler
New Contributor

This feature would be incredibly helpful to our company as well! 

AllStarMed
New Contributor

We need this functionality as well.  Seems this have been requested since back in 2017, I would think that it wouldn't be this hard to program and implement.  Please give us an update and expectation.  Thank you

jieyintan
Occasional Contributor

This will be really helpful, especially for users who have merged their contacts, and have different email addresses tied to the same contact! Will be great if this could be implemented soon. Smiley Happy