Merge two companies

Christiana

We'd like to merge two companies within HubSpot but have been told this functionality is not available as it is disabled for users who have a Salesforce integration with Hubspot. It would be great if this feature could be made available.

HubSpot updates
Status updated to: Delivered
Mar 24, 2020

Hi HubSpot community, 

We're doing some housekeeping of the ideas forum here and this post popped on my radar. As mentioned above, this functionality is currently supported in the HubSpot CRM. Here are the details on how to merge companies. I'm going to move this to the status of "delivered". As always, thank you for your continued input on our product. 

24 Replies
ramatoG2
Contributor

Agreed -- it would be great to have this functionality, especially for duplicates that were created by HubSpot (even though the account already existed in both HubSpot and Salesforce). 

Turning off the integration is not a viable or scalable solution. 

LeadGenerator

HUBSPOT THIS IS AN ISSUE AND IS NOT RESOLVED.

joshm

This is a massive, MASSIVE pain point. HubSpot please address this. If you're having this issue, please send this post to your CSM.

kreiley

It's completely unacceptable that this was marked as "Delivered". It has not been delivered. The inability to merge accounts just because we're integrated with Salesforce is a massive pain point for my organization and wastes so much time. This is the poorest customer support I have ever seen from a service.

@Dylan The "help" article you referenced in your post specifically states:

What if one or both of the records are syncing to Salesforce?

You will not have the option to merge company records if your account is integrated with Salesforce 

Perhaps you did not read the text of the issue reported? Or perhaps you are unaware of this restriction? Either way, please revert this issue to its original status and please provide an update on if this functionality is planned and, if so, when your customers can expect it to be delivered.