HubSpot Ideas

AndyBrightmile

Merge support conversations together

As a Super User, it would be great to have the ability to merge two or more conversations together. We often have several live chats and email trails from the same contact (regarding the same issue) and it would be great to be able to merge these together to create a single thread. Other tools such as Zendesk have this functionality and it would be a great improvement for the Hubspot Conversations Tool.

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
May 04, 2021 08:37 AM

May 04, 2021 08:36 AM

Hi folks, My name is Eric and I am a PM on the Conversations team working on an exciting new feature that  allows Inbox users to switch their communication channel with a visitor from chat to email and keep the conversation going within the same thread. If you are interested in getting early access to this feature and having your feedback heard, I’d love for you to express your interest by filling out the form linked below.

Channel Switching opt in

Please note: As this feature is in early testing, we’re slowly introducing it to early requestors. Once selected to participate, we’ll reach out to let you know!

20 Replies
DavideDL

It would be nice to have a feature to merge emails in one thread.
Let me give you an example:

Person 1 (the scientist) sends an email to place order 123 to sales@mycompany.com

Person 2 (the purchase manager) sends an email with the PO attached for order 123 to sales@mycompany.com

Given the current settings, we have 2 different emails from 2 different people referring to the same task/ticket.

It would be nice to have a feature to merge the 2 emails or to link the 2 emails

alguil
Participant

image (56).png

+1 on this idea. Adding a "merge" feature in the "Plus" section on the inbox, after having selected several conversations to merge it in once would be very nice.

Additional nice to have : if conversations are already linked to a ticket, the tickets would also be merged in one

benesch_e
Contributor

Agreed, it would be nice to have a way to EASILY merge things into one record for support issues. We have a team email that generates a ticket for each submission, the team email is also sometimes the easiest way to make sure all our support team gets notified of important information regarding a problem... it means we have a bunch of clicks to merge the two tickets together.

EricRthePM
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks, My name is Eric and I am a PM on the Conversations team working on an exciting new feature that  allows Inbox users to switch their communication channel with a visitor from chat to email and keep the conversation going within the same thread. If you are interested in getting early access to this feature and having your feedback heard, I’d love for you to express your interest by filling out the form linked below.

Channel Switching opt in

Please note: As this feature is in early testing, we’re slowly introducing it to early requestors. Once selected to participate, we’ll reach out to let you know!

EricRthePM
HubSpot Product Team

-Steve-

I agree this is great idea, it's sometime I expected to be a feature already.

I just had an email reply to a conversation marked as spam, when I marked as not spam, it started a new conversation, very annoying.

PeterIngemann
Participant

We are having the exact same issue. A lot of inbox mails and chats for the same ticket - flooding our inbox..

JAquila

While merging would be super helpful, just the ability to attach a conversation to an existing ticket would tremendously lighten the load for us. 

DNichols
Participant

This has become an issue for us as well. What is the recommended procedure for these situations?

LNarbonne

We need this as well, please give us an update, it's a baisc feature.

jounti

That would be a very useful feature. We often have to search for the correct conversation because emails and chats are separated.

JustinK8

I am currently using Fresh Works (Help Desk, Chat and Contact Center) and you can create, combine, merge conversations, tickets and calls in in Help Desk. A call can be attached to any open ticket. A chat can me attached to any open ticket. Tickets can be merged. 

If Hub Spot wants to really roll out a useful Service Hub I see this as a MUST ADD. I just started using Service Hub as a trial and see this as a major pain point, especially during any busy customer times. 

Waiting to see where Hub Spot can take the next step on this as right now I do not see us moving forward with Service Hub. (Also inbound calling is not up to par with most services)

stevejobboo

I get annoyed easy on the Hubspot conversations.
I've made a form on the website and when the customer fill the form, it comes to Conversation inbox.

By the way, When when the customer reply to me, it doesn't come to the same conversation.
I get more chats than the context. I want to manage same context in the same conversation.
So please make this feature!

techops

Is there an update to this suggestion from two years ago?

DhContreras

This is a significant pain point easy to identify even in the initiation process of working with a new Service platform. If your customers are messy, and most customers are messy via email, this is a major roadblock if it's not fixed/added as a feature.

coamyot
Participant

Update? We need this. Wasting time managing a mix of multiple conversations for single issues. Waste of time, ressources and business as our customer suffer from the lack of cohesion.

PAlessiKrarup
Participant

This is really needed!

VMPYX4

+1 on this idea!

Lara_Q
Participant

This is super important and a basic feature on any support CRM. We had today a customer reaching out twice via email, once on chat and once on WhatsApp all about the same subject. We need to be able to merge this as one because it is one case. 

If we close 3 of the conversations and respond to the fourth, we cannot even document it as conversations do not have numbers like tickets, so we cannot say: responded on conversation 12345678

PRaczka
Participant | Diamond Partner

@EricRthePM update needed. Customer Portal is useless in some cases without this feature as it shows only most recent conversation history 😕