HubSpot Ideas

Oscar_bernal

Mentions on Workflows comments

Hi!

I've seen that there has been an update about workflows, now you can comment on the steps. Maybe it would be a great idea to be able to mention others on those comments, it could be very useful to make other uses aware of changes, or updates, or mistakes, on steps of the workflows.

HubSpot Updates
March 08, 2022 12:42 PM

Hi @AdeleTib ,

Sorry for any confusion, that's my mistake in my mock example. Across HubSpot, @ mentioning yourself (eg. your own user) will not trigger a notification, as outlined in this KB doc, so that also holds true for commenting mentions in workflows. 

Can you tell me more about scenarios where you want to @ your own user and get a notification, and why?

Best,

Megan

Delivered
January 06, 2021 08:58 AM

Hi all,

Wanted to send out an update, as you'll now see the ability to add @ mentions when using comments on workflow actions, which will trigger s notification to that person.

mention user in a commentmention user in a comment

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

Megan

In Planning
August 24, 2020 11:26 AM

Hi @Oscar_bernal & all,

We're currently working on adding @ mention functionality to the new Comments feature, so stay tuned!

Thanks!

Megan

6 Replies
MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @Oscar_bernal & all,

We're currently working on adding @ mention functionality to the new Comments feature, so stay tuned!

Thanks!

Megan

amandafann
Contributor

@MeganLegge Any update on this? I love that tagging/mentions was added to the Comments in the Email Editor, so wanted to check on the status of this for workflows? 

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

Wanted to send out an update, as you'll now see the ability to add @ mentions when using comments on workflow actions, which will trigger s notification to that person.

mention user in a commentmention user in a comment

Please let me know if you have any questions or feedback.

Best,

Megan

AdeleTib
Contributor

@MeganLegge The use of the @ feature to add comments is a great addition, however, we have noticed that when using the feature and tagging yourself (as per the example you shared) notifications are NOT being sent. All notification settings have been checked, but the functionality seems to exclude sending if the commenter and the tagged user are the same. Since your example shows you as both, it stands to reason that the expected functionality is that notifications would trigger no matter who the commenting user is, yes?

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @AdeleTib ,

Sorry for any confusion, that's my mistake in my mock example. Across HubSpot, @ mentioning yourself (eg. your own user) will not trigger a notification, as outlined in this KB doc, so that also holds true for commenting mentions in workflows. 

Can you tell me more about scenarios where you want to @ your own user and get a notification, and why?

Best,

Megan

AdeleTib
Contributor

@MeganLegge Similar to how our clients and our own team use the "@" in platforms like Slack, Google Suite, and Microsoft (to name a few), the ability to tag oneself provides an "in the moment"  and quick way to highlight something that either additional review, follow-up, update, or revision while in a CMS page, blog post, workflow or other areas in the HubSpot platform.

While a follow-up task could be set up, it is clunky and not as immediate which tends to break the flow of process. As the others previously mentioned provide this functionality, it is assumed that HubSpot would also meet the expectation.