HubSpot Ideas

Sascha

Meetings don't show up in Google Meet

Hello,

we have connected HubSpot to our Google Workspace calendar. The scheduling feature works fine on the surface, but under the hood, it doesn't appear to create proper meeting in Google Meet. 

We get invites, the Google Meet links provided work, but the meetings don't show up in Google Meet directly (the overview dashboard where all your upcoming meetings are listed).

The integration also doesn't place the "Join Meeting" button inside the Google Calendar invitations. It places the link, but Google Calendar doesn't see this as a proper meeting (hence it's not showing in Google Meet and there is no join button like when you schedule something with Google Calendar directly). 

I think maybe the API is outdated or using some kind of sub-optimal way to register the meetings with Google Calendar. 

I appreciate this is not a bug, but it probably can be improved, so that people using Google Meet's dashboard can join meetings from there and also find a join button on their calendars. 

BTW: Competing tools like Calendly, Doodle and so on do this correctly. 

5 Replies
kvlschaefer
Community Manager

Hi @Sascha,

Thank you for feedback.

I would highly recommend you to please post this product suggestion at our ideas forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

Thank you,

Kristen

Sascha
Contributor

Can the post be move over there or do I have to create a new one?

Thanks

kvlschaefer
Community Manager

Hi @Sascha,

I can move it over there for you!

Best,

Kristen

Sascha
Contributor

Thank you! 🙂

Sascha
Contributor

I want to re-surface this topic because it is becoming a real problem. HubSpot does not properly utilize the Google Calendar and Meet APIs. Scheduled meetings are not recognized as real meetings. And it's not just a cosmetic issue.

Let me give you an example. This is what a properly registered meeting looks like in Google Calendar:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 10.35.45@2x.jpg

Notice the "Join with Google Meet" button and the meeting link below the button. Now, here is what a meeting looks like that HubSpot created:

Screenshot 2022-08-06 at 10.36.07@2x.jpg

Notice how the "Join with Google Meet" button is missing and how the invite link is placed into the location field instead?  What's the big deal, you might think? Well, Google treats this invitation completely differently than the first one.

If you are signed in to multiple Google accounts in your browser, the proper integration with the button (first screenshot) will take you to the meeting and use the Google account that was invited. With the way HubSpot "integrates" this (second screenshot), the link (used instead of a button) will take you to the meeting but will use your default Google account, which isn't necessarily the same as you use for HubSpot. 

The result? Every time I try to join a meeting that HubSpot has created, I first have to log out of Google and then log back in with the other Google account. 

I would ask to move this thread to bug reports and not leave it in the ideas section. This should be treated as a bug and should be fixed.