HubSpot Ideas

etautiva

Meeting Booking Form Prepopulates with Known Values

If HubSpot has already collected information such as First Name, Last Name, and Email in a COS Page form, then this information should be able to prepopulate when booking a Meeting in Sales Pro. For example, if Jane submits a form on a landing page and then follows a link to book a Meeting with a sales rep, the information she submitted on the landing page form should prepopulate in the the Meetings booking form. 

79 Commentaires
jaysonb
Participant

Hubspot is really expensive and not very customisable.

glencornell
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Thank you all for the feedback and suggestions on this idea.

We are currently working on improvements that we hope will solve many of the issues surfaced in this thread. 

These updates will allow for meetings links hosted or embedded on your website to prefill with known contact data. We expect this to be live in the next couple of weeks. 

Some additional context:

This has been a challenging request because by default, meetings forms are not hosted on your website. This makes it difficult for the meetings tool to find and prefill information from your contact database. Last year, we released the ability to host meeting links from your own domain (available to Marketing Hub Professional and Marketing Hub Enterprise customers). However, we hadn’t built a solution to find and prefill meeting booking information for known contacts -- until now. 

I understand that this doesn’t solve for everyone. Some of you are not able to host meetings on your website, and not all of your use cases involve a meeting link that is embedded on your site. For that reason, I’m not yet going to change the status of the idea. 

My team and I are going to continue to evaluate all other situations in meetings where contact data can be prefilled to reduce friction in the booking process, and will provide updates here as we learn more.

If you have any questions, please post her or message me directly!

Exp
Membre

OK so Glen here's another question - if I'd be sending meeting links through emails, to contacts from my DB obviously, would the new capabiltiy then be able to automatically fill in the meeting registration form? Or even better - could the meeting registration form be ditched altogether? I don't really need to collect any info from them as I send this to people whose contact details I have.

Thanks!

glencornell

Hey @Exp -

Great question. Mostly yes to both of your questions.

For meetings pages that are hosted on your website, or embedded on your website, Meetings would already know any contact information that you have for that specific contact.

If you have fields asking for Email, First Name, Last Name on the meeting page, and you already have ALL of that information about the contact booking a meeting, then it would skip the form altogether.

JohnS63
Contributeur

Hi @glencornell , thanks for the update - it's great that this is actively being worked on and will definitely help reduce friction.

In our use case once people submit a demo request we use the meetings link (embedded on an external thank you page) so they can immediately book a date/time. 

My question is if an unknown contact fills in the form will the meetings link be able to prepopulate those values or do the people already have to be in the system?    

Thanks!

glencornell

@JohnS63  -

Contacts will need to be in your system, and they will need to be a return contact to that form. The first time that a contact fill out a form, we will cookie their browser, and remember their information the next time that the contact goes to your meeting page form.

- Glen

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
glencornell

This is now live to all with access to meetings

This update enables meetings forms to pre-populate with known information when a contact returns to a user’s booking page. Alternatively, you have the option to configure your meetings link settings such that known contacts can skip the form entirely.

How does it work?

If a contact has filled out a meeting link in the past, HubSpot will recognize that contact by the cookie in their browser, and automatically fill in the contact’s form response. Meetings forms will not auto-populate custom questions, as these are designed to be unique for each booking.

If meetings are hosted on a custom domain (http://bit.ly/2M3s713) or if a meeting is embedded directly on your website (http://bit.ly/2YbsjxJ), HubSpot will be able to pre-populate known values for contacts who have filled out other HubSpot forms (even if they’ve never booked a meeting before). For HubSpot forms information to pre-populate meeting forms, both forms must be on the same domain.

Additional Feature

You also have the option to configure your meetings link settings such that known contacts can skip the form entirely if all contact information is known. If a meeting form consists completely of known contact properties then a meeting will be booked the moment a contact has selected a time. To enable this setting, go to the “Form Questions” section of your meeting link settings. This setting is adjustable per each individual meeting link. Meeting forms will not skip entirely if they contain a custom question.

Who gets it?

All users with access to Meetings (Free and up)

scottstirling
Membre

Hey Glen.  This is excellent!  Thank you!

I do have a question for you though.  I looked in the meeting configuration and there is no where to skip the First Name, Last Name and Email Address that I can find.  The image that you posted above is not showing up. 

Can you please direct me to where I can find this setting?
Thank you!
Scott

scottstirling
Membre

I've tried a ton of different ways to do this, but the first, last and email form still shows up.

scottstirling
Membre

am I the only one having this issue?  

glencornell

Hey Scott - 

It should be showing up within the "Form Questions" section of the meeting link create/edit flow. Here's a zoomed out image for better context:

Meetings.jpg

This will only skip the form if this specific contact has filled out a meeting booking form in the past. 

Another way the form pre-populates is if that contact has filled out a form on the same domain that the meeting link is hosted. You can do this by either embedding your booking page on your website, or using the custom domain hosting feature in meetings.

custom-domains-meeting-domains

More details here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/undefined?hs_preview=kNGCEhxb-7599741865#formfill

scottstirling
Membre

Ok, I found all of that...So I was looking in the right place.  I was looking for a check box that says to skip that part altogether.  Since I have all of my client's information in Hubspot, and have all of the information in that form already, is there not a way to grab that information from the contact card in hubspot?  I don't use it on a separate domain, so that part isn't an issue.

Can't this form grab the information using a key of somesort from my DB so the client doesn't need to fill it in?

A lot of my customers have not ever filled out this form for booking meeting since I haven't been using it due to it's limited and irritating (on the client end) functionality.

glencornell

Unfortuntately we won't be able to connect the data from the contact record to a specific visitor without a cookie on their browser to identify who they are when they reach the form. If they have filled out a meeting form, or a hubspot form on the same domain as the meeting link, we will be able to pre-fill the informtion, based on the identifier of the cookie on their browser.

scottstirling
Membre

Hey Glen.  Thank you for the response.  

glencornell

My pleasure!

Gopinath
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

Hi @glencornell ,

We have a Hubspot form leading to a Meeting link (with custom domain) and want the meeting form to pre-pouplate with known contact information like First name, Last name and Email.

The pre-populate option for meeting is toggled on but it doesn't seem to work.

Mattywisey
Membre

On this just checking something on this. I am just setting this up for my company. Will the meeting links fields pre-populate if the meeting link is on the same domain, but a meeting subdomain of the main website. It is the same domain, but just on a subdomain of the domain. 

Form embedded on www.@domain@.com
Meeting link is meetings.@domain@.com

SSmithBEP
Contributeur

There should be an option to not require the form to be required for a Meeting setup in Sales.  I am sending a meeting to a contact Via - Contact - Email - Meeting and it forces the form to be filled out.  The Other option is to allow Contact - Meeting to have the option to pick a schedule which it currently does not support.

uazure
Membre

I was searching for a way to pre-populate meeting form with first name/last name/email, and ideally complete booking in one click. But this article isn't specifically useful for my case. But I found that it's possible to add query parameters to schedule meeting URL like this: `?firstName=Super&lastName=Man&email=super.man@earth.com` and it works exactly as I wanted it to. Leaving it here for those folks who was searching for same solution as I