Meeting Booking Form Prepopulates with Known Values

If HubSpot has already collected information such as First Name, Last Name, and Email in a COS Page form, then this information should be able to prepopulate when booking a Meeting in Sales Pro. For example, if Jane submits a form on a landing page and then follows a link to book a Meeting with a sales rep, the information she submitted on the landing page form should prepopulate in the the Meetings booking form. 

HubSpot updates
75 Replies
vmcgee
Occasional Contributor

I tottaly agree! One of my clients uses a HubSpot form to collect information for Request a Demo and then redirects them to Schedule a Meeting (in Sales Pro) and the prospect has to re-enter the same information. 

vmcgee
Occasional Contributor

Hey @rlawless, why did it go from In Planning to Not Currenty Planned. :-( What stage gaurantees it will be developed?

tsprunk New Contributor | Silver Partner
New Contributor | Silver Partner

I agree, seems odd that this capability doesn't already exist. As a partner agency, we offer free consultations. Leads fill out a contact form on a landing page and it would be nice if we could direct them straight to a meetings link without them having to fill out some of the same information again.

scottstone
New Contributor

This is an improtant user experience feature. Emailing someone a meeting invite and not autofilling their email is just plain rude. We using meeting links to schedule client meetings and its awful they have to plugin thier info.

dougwendt
New Contributor

Right now, when you send John Doe a Meetings link, when John clicks that link and fills out the form to select a Meeting date and time, he also has to add in his first name, last name and email address. This should auto-populate and then have an option for 'click if this isn't you' as relevant.

avanan
Regular Contributor

This is NOT a solution, but something that only works for someone who is already a registered user. It doesn't work if a NEW user fills out a form and then continues to the meeting calendar page. 

When embedding the meeting calender into a webpage, you can include the {{contact.firstName}} {{contact.lastName}} and {{contact.email}} into the embed code. Here is an example. Take the embed code that you get from the Hubspot meeting tool:

This only works if someone registered to your site a long time ago. If you have them fill out a contact form and then go to the calendar embed page, it DOES NOT WORK. 

<!-- Start of Meetings Embed Script -->
<div class="meetings-iframe-container" data-src="https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/your/calendarurl?embed=true&firstName={{contact.firstname}}&lastName={{contact.lastname}}&email={{contact.email}}"></div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://static.hsappstatic.net/MeetingsEmbed/ex/MeetingsEmbedCode.js"></script>
<!-- End of Meetings Embed Script -->

Here are some other things we found:

1. You can embed most any form-enabled Hubspot property this way. Unfortunately, you cannot embed a Salesforce Campaign ID. That would be incredible. This does not work unless Hubspot has had a some time to update. So this only works for a known contact that has been known for a long time.

2. You can embed the answer to any of the 'question' fields that you made in the original meeting request.  

3. You can embed ANYTHING. If you add &Meeting%20Topic=Surprise%20Party%20for%20Tom it won't show up in Hubspot anywhere, but it will get added to the calendar event as "Meeting Topic: Surprise Party for Tom". This allows you to put any text into the calendar invite. 

DylanPress
Occasional Contributor

We also use the calendar meetings for demo requests and it is very bad UX when our visitors have to enter their contact information again after already entering it in the form that gets them to the calendar page in the first place. This seems like more of a bug-fix than a feature request since contact fields should be universal.

HarrietG
Occasional Contributor

Yes I agree!

I have a lead capture form to request a demo, that redirects to this calendar straight away to pick a time. Customers are using it which is great, but it is a really bad user experience that 1m later they have to enter all there details.

Why did this change from planning to no longer planning?

brettweaver
New Contributor

This just needs to be done.

ASHUMMELT
Regular Contributor

This needs to be implemented ... why ask ppl for information i already have ... this is so contrary to the general inbound philosophy.