HubSpot Ideas

etautiva

Meeting Booking Form Prepopulates with Known Values

If HubSpot has already collected information such as First Name, Last Name, and Email in a COS Page form, then this information should be able to prepopulate when booking a Meeting in Sales Pro. For example, if Jane submits a form on a landing page and then follows a link to book a Meeting with a sales rep, the information she submitted on the landing page form should prepopulate in the the Meetings booking form. 

79 Replies
vmcgee
Contributor | Diamond Partner

I tottaly agree! One of my clients uses a HubSpot form to collect information for Request a Demo and then redirects them to Schedule a Meeting (in Sales Pro) and the prospect has to re-enter the same information. 

vmcgee

Hey @rlawless, why did it go from In Planning to Not Currenty Planned. 😞 What stage gaurantees it will be developed?

tsprunk

I agree, seems odd that this capability doesn't already exist. As a partner agency, we offer free consultations. Leads fill out a contact form on a landing page and it would be nice if we could direct them straight to a meetings link without them having to fill out some of the same information again.

scottstone

This is an improtant user experience feature. Emailing someone a meeting invite and not autofilling their email is just plain rude. We using meeting links to schedule client meetings and its awful they have to plugin thier info.

dougwendt
Member | Elite Partner

Right now, when you send John Doe a Meetings link, when John clicks that link and fills out the form to select a Meeting date and time, he also has to add in his first name, last name and email address. This should auto-populate and then have an option for 'click if this isn't you' as relevant.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is NOT a solution, but something that only works for someone who is already a registered user. It doesn't work if a NEW user fills out a form and then continues to the meeting calendar page. 

When embedding the meeting calender into a webpage, you can include the {{contact.firstName}} {{contact.lastName}} and {{contact.email}} into the embed code. Here is an example. Take the embed code that you get from the Hubspot meeting tool:

This only works if someone registered to your site a long time ago. If you have them fill out a contact form and then go to the calendar embed page, it DOES NOT WORK. 

<!-- Start of Meetings Embed Script -->
<div class="meetings-iframe-container" data-src="https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/your/calendarurl?embed=true&firstName={{contact.firstname}}&lastName={{contact.lastname}}&email={{contact.email}}"></div>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://static.hsappstatic.net/MeetingsEmbed/ex/MeetingsEmbedCode.js"></script>
<!-- End of Meetings Embed Script -->

Here are some other things we found:

1. You can embed most any form-enabled Hubspot property this way. Unfortunately, you cannot embed a Salesforce Campaign ID. That would be incredible. This does not work unless Hubspot has had a some time to update. So this only works for a known contact that has been known for a long time.

2. You can embed the answer to any of the 'question' fields that you made in the original meeting request.  

3. You can embed ANYTHING. If you add &Meeting%20Topic=Surprise%20Party%20for%20Tom it won't show up in Hubspot anywhere, but it will get added to the calendar event as "Meeting Topic: Surprise Party for Tom". This allows you to put any text into the calendar invite. 

DylanPress

We also use the calendar meetings for demo requests and it is very bad UX when our visitors have to enter their contact information again after already entering it in the form that gets them to the calendar page in the first place. This seems like more of a bug-fix than a feature request since contact fields should be universal.

HarrietG

Yes I agree!

I have a lead capture form to request a demo, that redirects to this calendar straight away to pick a time. Customers are using it which is great, but it is a really bad user experience that 1m later they have to enter all there details.

Why did this change from planning to no longer planning?

brettweaver

This just needs to be done.

ASHUMMELT

This needs to be implemented ... why ask ppl for information i already have ... this is so contrary to the general inbound philosophy.

Sanna_E
Participant

This would be super helpful to have and should have been there from the start.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. The calendar feature is confusing without this feature. The conversion rate drops at this step. We tried and then stopped using the calendar altogether. This has been an open item for a year now. The ability to set a time with a salesperson has proven to be the SINGLE GREATEST CONVERSION % yet. Unfortunately, Hubspot does not offer a very elegant version of it. 

Brett_Fox

1 million upvotes for this. Please make this happen!

nick-gat
Participant

This seems like a very fundamental piece of functionality - while we're capturing information of the potential customer with the goal of making follow-up frictionless we then have to ask them to fill out the already filled out information!

JohnS63
Contributor

Hi  there, 

We're using the new Hubspot meetings tool to enable prospects to select a time they want us to demo with us. After they fill out the form and are taken to the calendar page they then need to input their details again (first name, last name, email) since these are 'required' fields for the meeting. This means that they have to input their details twice which causes friction in the user journey. 

I spoke to HS support and they say there is no solution to this at present. It would be great to have a solution along the lines of:

- Removing the mandatory 'required' fields under form questions so that they don't need to re-enter them.

AND/OR

- Having the calendar populate the fields the user has just submitted so they don't have to enter them again - all they need to do is select the date / time. 

andrewga

Agreed - we often have a lead fill out a form first, which when they click submit it leads to a meeting booking. It would be great if it was pre-populated for them.

scottstirling

This is something that is needed! Please add this feature!!!

Good Morning all.   I've been working with Hubspot for some time now, and it's been a great tool for my sales team!

There is one major issue that I would like to bring up to see if there is a quick fix that is possible.

When I send out a meeting link in an email to a client/potential client it all works as I believe it should, except for one thing.  The Contact needs to type their name, email etc into the Meeting page after choosing a time/duration.  This is a step that, to me, seems very unprofessional.  If I'm sending them the information, I should already have their name and information.

How can we implement this?

Thanks!!!
Scott

StevenBell

Really hope this will soon be implemented. People these days are lazy and want as few steps as possible to get that which they want. By making them fill out their personal information, AGAIN, just to book a meeting, we deter them from booking a meeting which in turn results in fewer opportunities for us. I see more often than not, how my contacts click on the meeting link and then never book a time. Please think about changing this as it is hurting my appointment turnover rate.

JohnS63
Contributor

Definitely needed. 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team