HubSpot Ideas

fmejiap

Measure chats per different time of the day

It is a must that we, as HubSpot customers, be able to measure how many chats are opened at different times of the day, i.e., how many chats are opened between 8am to  9am, between 9am to 10am, etc.

19 Replies
wcervantes
HubSpot Employee

Hi team! this idea would be useful since this would make our customers measure times of incoming chats so that they can staff hours accordingly. 

Best,

Walter

fmejiap
Contributor

Yes, I've been asking this like 3 months ago.

sandeeph
Participant

Agree.

They lack even basic reporting features like this.

Rachael

We're trying to get some data on the frequency of chats and identify trends (if any) in time of day x volume of chats/conversations. I can see there's a report for chat conversations over time but it doesn't allow me to break down information on a smaller scale than daily, @cliona was a great help but confirmed it wasn't yet a feature. It would be great to advance the current reporting for conversations to include this!!

JamesVV
Participant

Has there been any movement surrounding this? This would be incredibly helpful for my organization for reporting. We're actually currently manually recording chat times in an excel sheet, and being able to automatically report this rather than doing a daily count would be a huge time saver. 

seanc1

I agree - this is something we need to monitor the peak and off-peak periods for optimal resource planning. 

EllenG

I agree. This is needed for Chat & Calls in Hubspot. Also, chat needs types or categories like logged calls have. 

fmejiap
Contributor

To be honest, to me is quite impressive that this is not a feature. It sends a bad message about how HubSpot imagines this produtc.

Neal
HubSpot Employee

Similarly, as suggested by a customer, having access to the time (hours and minutes rather than date) for conversations would allow users to report on specific time slots - for instance only the hours when the team is actually present and manning the chat channel. 

JoeM

This is a must-have feature.

It would be important to distinguish the time when chat requests arrive when analyzing for resource plannning.   

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, upvoting this idea on behalf of a customer and sharing his use case here as well! 

He would like to analyse and understand the behaviour of his website visitors to better plan for staffing and managing visitors' enquiries. Currently, the closest activity filters he can use would be "Date visitor started/ended conversation", but it doesn't show the timestamps. This timestamp information can only be found on contact records and in the conversations inbox, so it'd be very useful if it can be an activity property that can be used in lists or reports as well. 

EmilyCHW

This would help in determining when to staff the chat feature on our site.

fmejiap
Contributor

Is this comming soon?

KTapiero
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team! 

I believe that as CRM that looks to strengthen the relationship of the companies with their customers, it's key to understand the times their contacts require more assistance. I have a customer that is also looking for this feature. 

PaolaCasallas

De acuerdo.
Es importante saber los tiempos, para así mismo tener el personal necesario en el chat y nuestro soporte sea con respuesta en el menor tiempo posible.

NContardo

Hi! I think it is important to have this information, we'll me waiting for any update on this item.

mollmann
HubSpot Product Team

Hello!

I am looking into this topic as a HubSpot Product Manager and would be interested to learn more. 

We have a report that would show you conversation creation volume by "time of the day" (also available for "day of week" or "day of month" and more). You could even filter down by source e.g. "live chat". I added some screenshots of an example report. 

Would that report solve this requirement?

Many thanks

Marc

cc @fmejiap as the original author and @NContardo as the latest contributorHour of Day Conversation Reporting - 1.pngHour of Day Conversation Reporting - 2.png

kit-lyman
HubSpot Product Team

GBallard

Hi there is there a way to get the average count per hour??