HubSpot Ideas

cadyrsmith

Marketing Events Beta: Needed Features

We've been waiting for Marketing Events as custom objects in HubSpot for a while! However they still aren't particularly useful and I was encouraged by support to post my feedback here on some much needed feaures. We host hundreds of events a year and would get a lot of use out of this feature if these changes were implemented.

Workflows

Need to be able to trigger workflows off of Marketing Event properties, like date. Also need to be able to pull in Marketing Event properties, like date and time.

Use case examples:

• We want to send out a text message reminder the day before an event and two hours before the event to everyone who has registered for it.
  • We would also like to create a custom workflow to assign a custom Event Type to the Marketing Event based on the title. This would enable us to pull reports based on Event Type. IE if Event Name contains 'Bootcamp' then set 'Event Type' to 'VA Home Loan Bootcamp'.

Properties

Support to pull in the Eventbrite or Zoom link onto the Marketing Event record if Eventbrite or Zoom integrations are active. It already pulls in the events from these integrations, not sure why it doesn't pull in the links.

Use case example:

• We want to be able to send out a text message reminder the day before an event with a link to the specific Eventbrite event or Zoom call link. 
  • We want to be able to send out an email reminder the day before an event that populates the event info and Eventbrite event/Zoom call links.

Ability to set custom registration status manually.

Use case example:

• We want to be able to go in and manually change the registration/attendance status of someone who registered for an Eventbrite or Zoom event.

Ability to create custom properties.

Use case example:

• We need to have a dropdown for custom event types so we can do reporting/trigger workflows/etc.

Record Functionality

Support to link a Marketing Event to a Contact record in the same way that a Deal or company would be linked to a Contact Record.

Use case example:

• We need to be able to pull a cross-object report of everyone who attended a specific event. IE: show every Contact record who has a Marketing Event attached to their Contact record that has a date of '8/16/2021', Event Type of 'VA Home Loan Bootcamp', and registration status of 'Attended'.
  • Would like to be able to go to a Marketing Event and click on a link to view everyone attached to that event, like you would for Forms and the Form Submissions.

These are just some initial thoughts we had on the features that the Marketing Events are lacking. As they are right now we aren't really able to use them for tracking events but we would love to in the future!

16 Commentaires
SteveHTM
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

All greate suggestions to try and fix up this rather stunted feature [see my other please to implement this in the same form and with the same features as a Custom object]. 

A simple addition here - how about the ability to use CMS to show a list of upcoming events on a web page using HubL as a calendar. Especially important as physical events start to gather momentum again.

SLoo
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Raising this on behalf of a customer -- it'll be great if we could set up lead scoring based on the custom object status of a specified marketing event. For instance, if one has a list of 30 contacts that attended a speaking session, we could add 5 points in lead score to their point total for an event in the past 6 months.

Hope this gets implemented as it'll be of great value to Hubspot users of marketing tools

dsdewhir
Participant | Partenaire solutions

I especially would like to use Marketing Events as workflow triggers, but these are all great ideas from @cadyrsmith  

richard88
HubSpot Employee

I agree with these. Would like to be able to especially click into a marketing event and see all registrants and then quickly check them in. 

kmilnes
Participant

Agree with all of these ideas. I'd also love not to have to integrate with Zoom, Eventbrite, et. al. but rather manage all of my Marketing Event details in Hubspot itself, i.e. edit Start date, End date, Source, and registration and attendee counts. 

BPollastrini
Participant

I totally agree here. It is very much need to be able to do reporting on multiple levels rather than just at the contact level

JMogard
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Elite

Bumping this. It's been a while without updates. Very keen to actually be able to use this functionality properly, especially triggering workflows.

emhanson21
Membre

Any update on this? I would really love to use marketing event properties to trigger workflows!

JWarren7
HubSpot Employee

I'm giving this a bump as well - as  I am currently working with a customer who would benefit from being able to use marketing events as an enrollment trigger in a WF. 

JMogard

@JWarren7 Although you can't use it as a workflow trigger yet, I noticed that you can now use marketing events as a list criteria. You can then use the list membership as enrollment criteria for the workflows.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 18.35.26.png

JWarren7
HubSpot Employee

@JMogardI have no idea how I missed that! Thanks a ton for the help here. 

FlywheelKinetic

Would also love to be able to add Contacts as registered to a Marketing Event for form submissions - can use workflows. Also would love to be able to update Marketing Event object properties using workflows.

chrisbrisson
Participant

Any headway on this? It's annoying to have to create 3-5 lists for every single Zoom webinar we do to segment: Registered, Attended, Did Not Attend, and Length of Stay.

Would be really really nice to have this filtering in a Workflow. 

GrowthOperation
Participant

Hi @cadyrsmith - if you're still struggling with some of these issues, there's an app we recently listed on that marketing place that addresses a few points. It's linked here: https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/events/go-marketing-events-for-hubspot-1546... 

Namely your use case below:

• ✔️We want to be able to go in and manually change the registration/attendance status of someone who registered ✔️

We created both a CRM card on each individual contact record, as well as a way to change registration/attedendance status via workflow. @FlywheelKinetic looks like this would address your need too.

Also just wanted to give a big +1 to the point you brought up around reporting -

>>> Marketing Events NEED to be an available dataset within custom report builds. Crazy that you can't access the marketing event data alongside standard CRM data and other activity datasets. <<<

It's super powerful within the attribution reporting in HubSpot, which is why we wanted to create the Marketing Event Management app to let as many people as possible unlock the full power of Marketing Events. But not being able to use it also within the custom report builder is a real pain.

Also hi @chrisbrisson 👋😁

Fredd
Participant

Our teams attend third party events, as well as run our own events programs. This represents about 200 events per year, just in the US. It is a nightmare to try to make sense of our participations, as well as use Hubspot to report, automate or provide the information in ways that would allow us to close more sales, or cover the basics.

Basic things we have not been able to do:

* We can't power workflows that depend on registrations and event information other than through list memberships

* Our sales people making an account plan, or a reachout strategy for a specific account, can't see past atendee info in the Company page. It's not an Activity that can enabled either, or even added by a consultant.

* Getting a list of Contacts that participated in different events, say, for a company, is not possible. We can't event do a report that would list people and events they attended. We can do kudle cross-reports, but they can never contain  Event information.

* In Custom Reports, the Events object is not available, so we can't list people in a pivot or table and the events the participated in, or in by region, or any other relevant standard or custom field.

* We can't trigger workflows based on Event information, and we can't add context to the Registration status, things like Dietary restrictions, or send emails based on location or reminders for events.

* We can't trigger Enrollment for atendees or registered people, meant for follow up, or automated emails. Each has to be be a manual work, that is then not tied to the Event.

Note: I see the Event object as providing context for automation and reporting (and attribution) for a "kind" of structured Meetings that happen in batches. ATTENDED or REGISTERED, the outcome, follow up tasks, which are different for each person, could use something reminicent of Meeting activities of type Event. Everything that is in meetings would make sense to be reused to record the interactions and participations.Events themselves are almost like a specific type of Campaign.

This is affecting our performance, and any other company that uses Hubspot as a hub for marketing infomation, operation and automation while running an event component is a dissadvantage with other companies. What that's mitigate by Excels, sometimes some integration, it never realizes the full power as compared to improved native functionality. Custom objects also fall short, because many of the top features can't be added (like Event Participation Activity in Company Timelines).

I am also tired of the jokes or remarks saying it;'s karma for not having used SFDC. We love Hubspot, adopted it very early, it does amazing things. But we are not thilled about the Events side. It's like nobody paid attention to it, and improving it much overdue.

DMercanti
Membre

Asked by HubSpot support to create a new idea but found this very related raised back in 2021 

It has been 2 or so years that we wanted to leverage Marketing Events and the last time I tried there were too many limitations as expressed by this ticket.

I am now returning, almost 2024, to have a look at the status of the object and integration to see if it has advanced enough for us to pick up.

I am afraid it has not 😑

Main issues we are facing:

• Custom properties created for the Marketing Event object do not appear to be available in Workflows 😱

Use Case:

• We would like to trigger a workflow based on a Marketing Event "Event Type" property or the "HubSpot Team" property.

• Custom properties created for the Marketing Event object do not appear to be available in Lists 😱

Use Case:

• Would like to have a list of all contacts that scheduled a certain type of event, or events organised by certain HubSpot team

• Marketing Event object do not appear to be available in Reports 😱

Use Case:

• Would like to display activity occurring in Marketing Events, filtering and showing by Type and sub-type of events.

thank you for reviewing.

Very happy to participate in UX research and give more detail.

Daniele M.