HubSpot Ideas

Beau_W

Marketing Email Tag Reporting

I'd like the ability to tag individual emails - before or after sending - so performance can be measured per tag.

For example, I send emails about topic A, B, C, across different audiences, and across different campaigns. I would create tags A, B, C for each email topic we send, then tag each email I send. I could then pull performance for each of those tags, so I can see which topics perform best. Would like the same reporting metrics as exist now.   

This would be similar to how we tag social posts and comments in Sprout, so that we can pull analytics on those tags to see what post types do well, how many comments we receive about a certain topic, etc. 

5 Replies
leechen
HubSpot Employee

Seconding this post here!

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Commenting and upvoting on behalf of a customer!

KGeddes
Contributor

Our industry requires audits for all communications that are being sent out to our customers. We need to be able to tag emails with tags that would quickly allow us to export the emails that were sent with specific tags. Could we tag each email in the settings sections with customizable tags that we create to quickly export emails that have been sent with specific tags. This would also be helpful for reports.

Example of how we would use tags:  Product, and U.S. State 
I need to be able to Export a report of emails that are sent to specific Products. I would also use this for States, as we have different operations in each state. We often have to audit for a specific state and product combination. Currently we have no way of pulling this. 

BMcRae
Participant

Much needed!

jonathanalban_

I agree with you! It is much needed for many users like us.