HubSpot Ideas

CakeSolutions

Markdown Support for Technical Bloggers

We would LOVE it if you could work on this.

Lack of Markdown support is our number one complaint by developers when writing technical blogs.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
July 02, 2021 06:24 AM

Hi folks! 

Thanks for continuing to upvote and comment on this idea! To provide an update, this is not currently planned, but it is a great idea, and I will continue to keep this idea updated as we are constantly re-evaluating and re-prioritizing feature updates.

All the best!

April 30, 2020 08:19 AM

Hi folks, 

We're scoping out some ways we can make this happen and one of the things we're considering is adding a new "markdown" module field type. That way, if you wanted to write blog posts in markdown, you could add a markdown module as your blog content area. 

I would love to hear your thoughts about whether this would be viable for your workflow!

Thanks,

Katie

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
April 14, 2020 02:50 PM

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The request for markdown support is an interesting one. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

27 Kommentare
paulca
Mitglied

Agreed, it would be awesome to have a Markdown option in the Blogger compose.

bgando
Mitglied

My team's main issue with Hubspot is the formatting issues that arise when copy/pasting especially code samples from different sources. Right now we budget at least 30min per blog post to just handle the formatting issues. This is very expensive over time. With markdown support, this would make our lives much better. Thanks!

warreee
Mitglied

+1 for me

Indeed as bgando said, copy pasting in code exaples is really bad at the moment.

Markdown support with versioning would even be more awesome.

So for example you could connect to a github/bitbucket repo where the markdown files are, and every time you push to there the page is also automatically updated.

tomg
Teilnehmer/-in

The lack of support for markdown has caused us to want to abandon ship several times, hire an intern to do the formatting for us, or build our own tool to support it. This would greatly improve our ability to blog and quell the internal dissention about HubSpot as a tool. Please support markdown! Better yet, support an open wysiwyg editor that would allow us to write plugins... or allow us to use the wysiwyg editor of our choosing!

For reference, we really have considered forking https://dillinger.io and adding a "Save to HubSpot" option in the Save menu, which would post to the HubSpot API. It shouldn't be that difficult, but it would still be a band-aid solution to have a separate tool for managing posts. 

joshduffy
Mitglied

Agreed!

Anagrius
Mitglied

Absolutely. Markdown Please!

emaxie
Mitglied

I 100% agree with the comments above. Technical blogging is a huge part of our content strategy, and the lack of support for markdown is a big time suck.

ringo-at-wt
Teilnehmer/-in

Markdown Makes Blogging Simple

The last thing you want to do when writing is to be spend an extra 20 minutes on a Sunday night to make sure there wasn't any weird copy and paste formatting issues.

Because let's be honest, Rich Text makes it way to easy to shoot yourself in the foot.

From the battle-scared marketing veteran, to the wet-behind-the-ears intern penning their first post — doing inline style tweaks should be an exception, not the rule — especially when a template's stylesheet should get you 95% of the way there.

Without Markdown, there's simply too much variability — leading to irritability (and I'm not talking about bowels here).

This is all to say Markdown is a great way to improve the inbound-marketing focus of Hubspot by making it even easier to create, edit, and publish content in a smart way, making for happier customers, and increased customer retention and stickiness due to great results.

Now, the world isn't going to end wihtout Markdown support. But it would be a product feature that would garner the praise from a strong group of people.

Let's make it happen🤘

douglaswelcome
Teilnehmer/-in

MARKDOWN PLEASE!

No one wants comic sans and markdown is beyond technical blogging at this point in 2019. With Ghost and other blogging platforms using markdown exclusively, it is a must at this point that anyone writing for the web should have some exposure to markdown. Even those marketing interns. Comeon Hubspot. Please make our lives easier and support markdown.

lindenthal
Mitglied

+1

douglaswelcome
Teilnehmer/-in

Any word on this? I constantly keep coming back to instances where this would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO helpful.

+1 x ∞

vsr
Mitglied

Lack of markdown is creating a huge barrier for us because we need to dedicate a lot of time to convert our already existing (and properly formatted) markdown documents. I was appaled when I found out it wasn't supported. So yes, I'm in favor of having this idea.

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
katie
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello HubSpot Community,

Thank you as always for your continued feedback, it helps us build a great product.

We are constantly evaluating and re-evaluating our priorities and roadmap to deliver as much value to our customers as possible. The request for markdown support is an interesting one. Based on the comments and use cases you all have listed, we are reviewing this request and its feasibility among other priorities on our roadmap. At this time I don’t have any details around timing or delivery, but thanks to the comments and votes on this post we’re actively looking into what it would take to solve this problem.

mreverman
Mitglied

Markdown is a must and needs to be supported. Any plans in the very near future to support markdown? 

katie
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi folks, 

We're scoping out some ways we can make this happen and one of the things we're considering is adding a new "markdown" module field type. That way, if you wanted to write blog posts in markdown, you could add a markdown module as your blog content area. 

I would love to hear your thoughts about whether this would be viable for your workflow!

Thanks,

Katie

emaxie
Mitglied

That would be great!

douglaswelcome
Teilnehmer/-in

This is exactly what I would be imaging this too look like. thank you thank you thank you

shanebdavis
Teilnehmer/-in

@katie The markdown-module solution sounds like it would work well. A few things to note:

• It would be great if it could be used for the entire content of the blog post - both code and non-code formatting. That way we could ensure consistent presentation of font-sizes, paragraph breaks, etc...
  • To really make code examples work, syntax highlighting support (e.g. github-flavored markdown https://github.github.com/gfm/) is essential.
  • It would be nice to be able to easilly customize the CSS for that markdown - fonts, font-sizes, paragraph spacing, etc.

Thanks for following up on this! I hope to see this markdown module soon.

clarenceqredo
Teilnehmer/-in

Any update on Markdown support?

Currently a blocker to us choosing Hubspot as a Customer Center as we would have to manually import and style all our articles manually rather than just import the articles as markdown with correct style tags from our central authoring tool. As you can imagine not scalable to import articles and style one by one manually through the wsywyg editor.

We are having to look for a different tool for Cutomer Centre rather than upgrade our Hubspot as a result.

Germo
Teilnehmer/-in

I use markdown on my normal blogs and for all my notes, it's a great plaintext notes system. Wiki content is in markdown. And of course markdown support is required in hubspot forums, otherwise how to write posts?