HubSpot Ideas

Pastor

Mark conversations as read / unread

The sales manager reassigns the owner of the incoming conversations to different persons, but once you click on a conversation it is marked as read (the green dot disappears).  In order to have some control of the conversations, it would be helpful to have a multiple selection and be able to mark all of them as read or unread.

80 Replies
andresmorera
Participant | Gold Partner

Strongly agree. We will be using our reservations team email and when someone does not know who can answer an email should be able to leave the email as unread, for the next agent to read and reply.

andresmorera
Participant | Gold Partner

HubSpot have you done this read and unread feature yet? Is extremly important that you listen to your customers not only upvoting ideas. This is a fuctional feature for teams. When multiple people interact with the same customer you should be able to unread and unassign that email. This way no supervisor or other team member can mark the email as read, without putting it back to unread.

MelisaW

We can do this with the app on the phone. Definatly need it to work on the computer. 

AirAdvisor
Participant

This is crazy that HubSpot does not have it, I feel this is a must for effective work and efficiency! Started to be disappointed too much dependencies on email. 

brank87
Participant

Still no way to mark a conversation as unread? 😱

eswiatek

Upvote. We need this for our company's customer service workflow.

sb9

As an update the help / support have said that there is no time frame for adding this basic feature and only by adding a comment here will I be notified if there's any update

vvadlamani
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

I’m Vijay, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Conversations Inbox tool. Thank you for taking the time to submit and upvote this idea. At this time there are no plans to work on this Idea as we are focused on building out the core functionality for Inbox.  This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Regards,

Vijay Vadlamani

timike
Participant

Yes please! Some way to visually highlight a conversation for further action without any other changes; mark as unread, add some sort of visual flag / colour, *within* my inbox.

RootsNK

Yes!  How is this not a feature yet?!  If I read an email and want to keep it in the conversations box and look at it later, I need to be able to mark it unread to go back and read it again.  Or add some folders already!

minorcm1

I agree, this is a much needed feature. If I am looking through the inbox for a particular conversation every email I click on gets marked as read and it becomes confusing for the others that work in that inbox. 

Lagaligo

I would expect this to be classed as a core feature when processing when you talk about core features you are talking about features that will just make you money. This has been requested for the last 2 years and would be something you could actually implement quite easily, a simple button to reset the database flag to unread if clicked. Please get this sorted. thanks

NBean

We were looking into using Hubspot but upon first test usage and reading this thread it is apparent that I will only be creating more work for our employees as they will have to not only just use Gmail but now use Gmail AND Hubspot to organize incoming emails. 

Seems counterintuitive to offer a product that is supposed to integrate but then in fact doesn't.

AreebAhmad

This is a basic feature that absolutely must be implemented. It just doesn't make sense that an email inbox like feature has no way to mark messages read/unread

EBrew

Mark as unread is such a fundamental feature for an inbox to have, I strongly recommend you revisit this and implement ASAP. If we'd known this feature didn't exist prior to joining, it would have definitely made us think twice about the product.

RootsNK
Agreed!

Eleanor VonAchen
Customer Happiness Team Lead
Roots Natural Kitchen
Use Food
JCrouse

You should have finished this by now...
2 and a half years to create a basic inbox function like "mark as unread" is unacceptable.

My team lost a support request because of this:
I had to go look for another reply, the first one was automatically marked as read when I went to inboxes, support team missed it.

Very much contradicts your inbound methodology....

Kamer

Once you have got installation those lists (by import, via manually adding corporations or via the use of the custom enterprise assets mentioned above), you could filter out your agency view by list club or that property, see right here.

eswiatek

What?

RootsNK

eswick, That's what I was just about to say!  Kramer, what are you talking about?  Could you be more clear?  You also say " you could filter out your agency view by list club or that property, see right here.", but there is nothing HERE.

???????