HubSpot Ideas

AmandaKendzior

Manually mark invoice as paid

We issues invoices from Hubspot with the option for clients to pay via our Stripe integration or through bank transfer. However when our clients choose to pay through the latter, we are not able to mark the invoice as paid manually. 

Being able to do so would be enormously helpful so we can confirm which invoices are paid and when, and still allow for this flexibility.

HubSpotからのアップデート
April 25, 2023 06:50 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a product manager here at HubSpot. I wanted to let y'all know that since this thread was posted, we've developed a native HubSpot Invoicing solution and we're actively recruiting for the Invoices Beta. If you're interested, fill out this form and I'll reach out. Keep in mind, invoice creation requires that you are using HubSpot Payments (which is a Starter+ feature), so you will need to apply for Payments if you do not already have access. Learn more about applying here.

Invoices can be created directly from Contacts, Companies, Deals, or Quotes (and will pull in associated object information) to speed up your sales process and reduce the risk of human error. Invoices are payable via HubSpot payments (both ACH and Credit Card), and can also be marked as paid manually if payment is received outside of HubSpot payments (e.g. wire transfer, check, PayPal, etc). Invoices are also available in Reporting and Automation to enable you to create time-saving automation and keep a pulse on your revenue and their receivables.

The feature is under active development, so there are a few gaps. You can read our full documentation and FAQs here, but the most common blockers are:

• The HubSpot <> Quickbooks integration (and all other accounting integrations) do not yet support invoice-sync.
  • Invoice sending is manual (for now), so invoices cannot be automatically sent on a pre-set schedule.

The beta is a great fit for small businesses who want to centralize their invoicing and reduce the number of tools they use to send invoices and get paid. Fill out the form if you would like access, or pass it along to someone you know who could benefit. Thank you!

28件のコメント
chronomics
メンバー

+1 for this.
Without this the quote functaionality is useless.

If people pay through bank transferee for example, we cant mark as paid.
Idealy it would be updatabe through the API as well so a webhook from quickbookx/xero when the payment is recieved, can mark this as paid to keep in sync.

sarahkindred
メンバー

+100!! This quotes functionality is useless if we cannot manually change the status, and a bummer. Is it possible that a quote or deal-based workflow can automate marking a quote as paid (ie Deal moved to closed won --> update quote to 'paid' ??)

HectorCLIVO
参加者

Facturama or Freshbooks would be great integration too for the invoice related to the quotes created and paid with bank transfer

etbob123
メンバー

We need the ability to manually mark an invoice as paid.

You can't handle cheques with Hubspot without this.

If they want to be "enterprise" (and I believe they do given we are on the enterprise pricing plan) - this feature is a must.

Most enterprise customers have to pay with cheques.

Its 10/10 needed.

vcrozier
メンバー

This is critical. The quoting tool, and even sales reporting, is almost useless without the ability to move a quote from pending to paid. Only a small fraction of our customers use CCs - most large customers pay via check or wire.

Additionally, the ability to run a quote report is critical as well - I think the Quote View is the only one that can't be exported or run a report. 

GeofdDavies
メンバー

We've run into problems a few times where the customer can't e-sign. Either because their system blocks access to the HubSpot link or the verification email gets lost in Junk and by the time they've found it the email has expired, customer then gets frustrated and says "Can't I just manually sign this and send it back to you".

We'd like the ability to be able to mark a Quote as complete when we get a manual signature, we can upload the signed doc into HubSpot against the Deal record.

GPick1
メンバー

Agree!!

This is a change that has to happen.

I have only just started really using quotes because of this restriction. The advantages of the Quote system are huge but not being able to manually (or via automation) change the status is starting to really grind my gears.

PLEASE get this fixed ASAP!!

rtonini
メンバー

I've instructed the company to stop using Stripe through Hubspot until this is fixed.  It's a major annoyance.

kmyers333
メンバー

100% agree with this! We just have to this to continue using HubSpot payments/quotes and keeping books aligned with our clients who may pay an alternative way. 

hel10z
参加者

Up vote from me on this!

vcrozier
メンバー

I would upvote this 1000x - I also asked for this upgrade.

The quoting tool/ or rather reporting is worthless for us unless it happens - very few people pay via CC.

Rezal
メンバー

This is a must have for us as well. We operate primarily on a Buy Now, Pay Later model and it seems that it is really hard to get this details into Hubspot. An option to allow us to change the quote statuses would be a must have for any business who use payment methods that are not supported by Hubspot.

JJarrah
メンバー

Wow! How is this considered a sales hub if there is no invoice mechanism to mark "paid" - Terrified to dive deep into the Hubspot system seeing this idea is still not considered / resolved / read by any official team members from Hubspot! 

dambra
参加者 | Solutions Partner

This is a must - everything works great with credit card, but Quotes/Invoices need to have the ability to be manually marked as paid.

scastles
メンバー

How can this impossible to do in a modern sales system. Please add this functionality as soon as possible!

abockler1f
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

Similar to other users here, we have a client that generates an invoice using the quote feature for their customers. The only reason they generate that invoice is because some customers prefer to pay via check instead of through credit card / Stripe. If we can't manually mark the quote/invoice as paid, they'll technically languish in their system unless the invoice is paid with a credit card / Stripe. 

scottspaid
メンバー | Solutions Partner

+1 bump to this functionality request.

AndrewJames
メンバー

Would be usefull for us as all of our customers will pay by bank transfer

vcrozier
メンバー

Has there been any HS response to this on other threads? There seems to be multiple threads for  the same request, so the upvotes are not combined - this is particular feature makes HS unusable for sales operations. We are considering options for our renewal and I would just like to know if it's being considered, worked on, or if it's not on the radar. Thanks

hel10z
参加者

Hi All,

There are a few more cost effective systems out there which I have started to look into that has this simple feature.

It is a button on the agreement/quote (Mark as Signed) 

I would recommend adding something similar or on the quotes page > under Actions and extra option > Manually Sign with potentially an option to uploaded the physical signed document.

Can we get an answer on this and a potential development timeline for something similar otherwise we will be forced to change systems.

Regards

Helio