HubSpot Ideas

ShareMyToolbox1

Manual Email Logging - Internal emails to deals

Often we have internal email chains related to contacts, companies and/or deals that need to be logged in CRM. The customer contact name may or may not be part of the email chain. There needs to be a way to manually log an email chain to a contact without using email automation. 

This is a standard feature of most other CRM's including Salesforce and Netsuite. ZenDesk provides this functionality by offering a unique forwarding email address for each contact that can be used to log any email chain to any contact through a manual forward to the log address. 

6 Replies
NHuffman

The ability to log a specific email to a deal WITHOUT having to associate any one contact or if the contacts in said email are on a "No Log" list is an absolute must-have.

Cases for needing such a feature:

1. I am emailing a colleague of mine internally. I have added our email domain to the "No Log" list so that all internal emails are being logged to every deal I'm associated with. One email between me and a colleage has deal specific details and I want to log ONLY this one email to the deal so that the information is attached.
  2. I am emailing a vendor with project specific details. This vendor doesn't need to be in HS nor do they need to be associated to the deal. I do need that email logged to the deal so that I have that information/correspondence associated with it.
  3. An email from more than 365 days ago (that never got logged to HS) to a contact that is no longer with the customer needs to be logged to a new deal.  How can I log it without having to create the contact as an association to that dea?

To be honest, I'm a bit astounded that this has never been brought up in the past or by anyone else.  It's really the one main feature missing from HS  that I can tell.

I would hope that everyone on this forum agrees that this would be a nice feature and that this gets as many uplikes as possible to get this feature ASAP.

CPicone

Sounds good to me

JCohen

This should be standard stuff, fully agree

CBLANCHARD3

We need a method of sending emails related to Customers/Deals that are internal or were not originally ccd using the BCC or plugin.  Could you guys create a way for me to send any email that i would like to record to a specific Customer/Deal without the customer being a receipent?

Thanks,

Charles.

KRi23
Participant

This is an important use case. Also Pipedrive offers a unique forwarding email address for each deal.

KRi23
Participant

Any updates on this or potential workarounds?

Pipedrive uses the deal ID for this deal specific forwarding address FYI.