HubSpot Ideas

samara1

Mandatory fields on imports

It would be great if we could choose which fields are mandatory for importing contacts (initially), in addition to those that are already pre-defined in Hubspot.

Atualizações da HubSpot
August 14, 2023 02:22 PM

Thanks for clarifying and explaining your usecase @LMarsden! That makes sense! I was curious about the Contacts creator because I wanted to know if the preference is @JHannus's preference is for the property requirements to apply to import as well? In your situation, would you want region to mandatory for both the contacts creator and in import?

We've heard some folks view import as a way to get data into HubSpot that is not constrained by the same requirements as the Contacts creator, so we want to make sure we are supporting those needs as well.

August 14, 2023 07:42 AM

Hi @JHannus , Shiva here from the Import/Export team. Could you share a bit more context about why this would help? Do you have mandatory fields defined in the Contacts creator (i.e. Settings -> Objects -> Contacts -> Customize the 'Create contact' form)? 

30 Comentários
Kharron
Membro

Agree! Even if its first/last name, email and type - it's killing me that people can upload thousands of garbage contacts.

RyanAbilar
Participante

I think it is critical that required fields are respected too during an import. Otherwise, this can be a potential cause of dirty data.

Yesie
Participante

I totally agree! Please this should be basics in HubSpot. It really does not make sense to upload contacts without an email address.. but some people still do this, regardless how often you tell them not to do. 

GabrielaM
Membro

For an enterprise-level organisation, this is mandatory, because it would allow us to ensure nobody ever imports data that cannot be immediately attributed to a specific team. 

Iffah
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this as it would make it easier to ensure quality leads are uploaded and emails are important to deduplicate contacts

paddie
Participante

Agree! It makes completely no sense to have mandatory fields for creating contacts directly in Hubspot but its possible to import contacts without any information through a 3rd party tool like Lusha!

Maayango
Membro

It is a MUST with the BU solution 

jinglu
Participante

This should be included in minimum requirements

finn
Top colaborador(a)

+1

JSmith345
Membro

This causes so many data issues without this function. Our company would really appreciate it 🙂

MikaelR
Membro

We need this now! 🙂

BGrzybek
Participante

BUMP

It is absolutely necessaruy to have mandatory fields being mandatory. Import without the required data proves the whole data base to be garbage ;/

david-perroud
Membro

+1 please add this feature

MSanDiego
Participante

Is there any update to this idea? This is something we really need as well.

EMostowski
Membro

Hi

Any update on this? 

That would be very beneficial to keep the data clean. 

Best, 

Estelle

PBeer
Membro

Please this is extremely important!

PBeer
Membro

+1 on this feature

kbrun
Membro

+1 on this feature 

ARich
Colaborador(a)

I agree this is needed! I don't think the feature should be limited to contacts though. I think it should be built out to enable admins to require which properties are required during import to any object including custom objects. This would be a high value feature to ensure data integrity and accurate reporting. 

In my use case we have a vendor payments custom object and I want to enforce that our processors have to include a vendor name. As it is, if they neglect to include the vendor name it imports and our reporting is messed up. 

Bonus points if we can identify required properties based on the business unit as well. If business unit 1 has a property "Business Unit 1 Lead Status" I want that property required for that business unit only. If the second business unit uses "Business Unit 2 Lead Status" I want to require that property instead. 

PKretschmer
Participante

Agree on this, would be very useful!