HubSpot Ideas

dulbert

Mandatory Properties

We have been running into inaccuracy in our Dashboards due to our users leaving properties blank when they upload Deals, Contacts, or Customers. Having the ability to make certain properties mandatory when uploading new information would solve this issue. Currently, we have to reach out to these users individually to update these properties. This addition would save us valuable time.

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: Delivered
June 20, 2017 05:50 AM

Hey @GeoffMilton @dulbert this feature is now live and available to all customers. Check it out here: How can I set required fields for creating contacts, companies, and deals in HubSpot?

6 Comentarios
GeoffMilton
Miembro

I think there is another thread on the same subject.  There is a beta version apparently.  I would like to use the beta if I can.  

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey @GeoffMilton @dulbert this feature is now live and available to all customers. Check it out here: How can I set required fields for creating contacts, companies, and deals in HubSpot?

WarriorRising
Miembro

hello @roisinkirby

How do we make a property required when updating a contact, not just creating? For example, when someone opens a contact that doesn't have a property filled out, how can I force them to update that property before going to another page? I have a property called "Next Steps" I recently added where I want our team to update what the required next steps are for that contact before they can close and move on. Is there a way to do that? 

Thank you so much in advance!

JodieM
Miembro

How is this applied to uploading of lists through the import feature? It's fine if we only want to add a contact at a time but not when we are pulling lists from SFDC to upload

drewnewbold
Miembro

Hi @roisinkirby,

Has there been any updates to @WarriorRising 's question about "when someone opens a contact that doesn't have a property filled out, how can I force them to update that property before going to another page"

VagaeNatus
Asesor destacado

@WarriorRising , @drewnewbold 

The idea to make properties mandatory conditionally after they were created is available here, please vote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Conditionally-display-and-or-make-mandatory-propertie...