HubSpot Ideas

lsirac

Making the address footer optional for countries with different CAN-SPAM

Some countries like France have laws that make the unsubscribe link mandatory, but not the physical address of the company.

For those countries, it would be nice to be able to remove the physical address of the company in newsletters and some kinds of automated workflows.

8 Replies
Christelufund

We have the same problem in Belgium. We don't have States. It would be great to make it not mandatory.

EmmaB

I'm creating an email that is going out to a list of contacts sent by a third-party to opted-in members in the US. As I can't remove the unsubscribe link, there are now two unsubscribe links in the email (one from them and one from us). Having the ability to remove ours would be ideal. 

Chrispil

Would just like to upvote this feature to make company address optional in the footer as it isn't mandatory in France.

realflash_uk
Participant

This is not just for countries where this is permitted, it's also needed for communication with customers on non-marketing subjects. The legal basis is legitimate interest for the execution of a contract. There should be no unsubscribe available to them for that.

Neringa

We have the same problem, cannot send non-marketing information for our existing customers. It would be very usefull to have this option. 

aruizc
Contributor

As possible solutions to the previous problems, the Country field in the Office Location footer isn't mandatory. So for non-US states, you can put your country in the mandatory field State and leave Country blank, or not insert the Country token at all in the footer (go for the Custom footer option instead of Default).

Also, for non-marketing emails, I'm hiding the unsubscribe link in a word in the footer using the URL unsubscribe link as an hiperlink.

Otherwise, the solution Hubspot has to remove the unsubscribe option are Transactional emails, but they are costly solution:  How to use transactional emailsWhat are transactional emails. Difference between transactional and marketing email

I hope this helps!

DavidVoigt
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

@aruizc that's a nice workaround, thanks!

About this "idea", it's a missing feature, imho and should be implemented for European customers.

Vikas_ABC

Instead of that address field, They need to provide an field where we can select our preference. If someone want to put the text over there then they can. If not! then remove section is th best option.