HubSpot Ideas

JoeDavies

Make mandatory Product Line Items on Deals an option! [Revenue Reporting Issue]

As the ARR & MRR reporting is based around these properties, which are calculated via the Line Items, it's essential for accurate reporting that it be possible to make adding them to Deals mandatory.

I've worked with a few organisations where this has been an issue now, and while creating 'Missing Line Item' tasks and reminder notification workflows for the sales reps helps, there are always going to be Deals here and there missing Line Items with the current, and so Annual & Monthly Revenue Reporting inaccurate.

If it were simply possible to enforce the addition of Line Items so as to move between stages, or move the deal to Closed Won, the problem would be solved.

As it currently stands I have a few clients with this issue, and I'm seeing between 40-60% completion of deals with associated product line items - making these key reporting properties unreliable and incomplete.

Would be great to see a fix for this! 

56 Replies
JSmith6

Having the same problem - Ensuring sales reps are creating line items just to be able to report properly for subscription based models is a massive pain and very hard to do at scale. It would be useful to make this a required field when moving deals to a custom stage.

NHettige
Participant

Hundred percent agreed with you two! Ours into educational services, so clients decide the product in the middle of the pipeline, not necessarily in the beginning. When the sales staff forget to update line items it's such a pain and reports are not reliable.

Kristiina

Same problem here, so would appreciate if this was taken into account by Hubspot

KZimmer5

Has there been any progress with the option of making line items mandatory? 

JRisberg
Participant

Wondering if this will be devloped and implemented?

KlaudiaMerix

Yes this is hugely important! Any news?

ALi8

Also looking for an update, is this in the works?

JonasKae

Same here. Looking for an update as this is also a problem we often see with our clients.

TDie

Would be an incredible usefull update. Are there any news?

Alison8

Yes, add one more vote from me. I would also love to see this feature.

TEdwards4
Contributor

Please make this a priority - should be mandatory as part of deal creation form to insert product line item so you can implement MMR forecasting properly.  Massive omission in my opinion.

JPeel

Same problem here, this would solve a lot of problems 🙂 

JRust

This functionality would definitely streamline things!

Aleive

Completely agree! As of now I have to create a workflow to notify sales people about remembering to add line items. This is also beacause we use "billing start date" in workflows to handle renewals... 

MKass

Would appreciate some feedback from HubSpot on this functionality - it is highly requested.

EDelGaudio
Contributor

This is foundamental!

All the commercial CRM has this feature.

Hubspot cannot avoid this

TEdwards4
Contributor

This issue has been requested for some years now - HubSpot - can you please update your customers when you plan to include it in the software.

FPaolicchi

Hi there any update? It's really fundamental!

LRimpiläinen
Participant

Still this would be really useful feature. Would help a lot people working with sales

BenjaminTDX

We need this as well !