HubSpot Ideas

TomS

Make business emails mandatory in Chatflows (exclude personal email addresses)

Our business only focusses on B2B and we have tailored all our marketing efforts to only gather business emails (made it mandatory in forms etc.).

We are currently using Drift as a Chatbot on our website which allows us to exclude personal email addresses from email captures (to book meetings etc.). I was just exploring the possibility to move over to the Chatflow of Hubspot but this functionality isn't possible (yet).

It would be great to have it as an option to block personal email addresses.

5 Replies
Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

I've had a similar request from a client and whilst this is not natively supported yet by HubSpot wanted to let you know that I figured out a workaround:

You can create an if/then branch where if the email provided contains any of the free domains (listed here) to then prompt and ask the user to enter their work email. You will need a different email property for this action - e.g. "Work Email" because the chatflow will not autoupdate the main email property for some reason. So simply save the work email to a new property. You then have a workflow that listens for this and copies work email to email.. I've got this working on a live chatflow and it all seems to function fine.

Screenshot 2022-03-17 at 12.20.39.png

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Just to add to the above there is an easy way to do this. When adding the values you simply need to copy and paste. For this to work each value needs to be seperated by a semi-colon ;

I've set up this spreadsheet which should help you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gFheFd3H_7M7nmcSYASNeDgTRfg9mLcmVziQgmAQZrQ/edit?usp=sharing

Copy everything in column B which includes the semi-colon seperator and paste this into the filter in HubSpot. 

SSkias

I have the same issue and have tried what you suggested. What prevents the visitor from entering their personal email a second time? For example, if they choose "No, change to my business addresss", how are you validating the email again? 

It would be nice if HubSpot just enabled the checkbox option to Block Domains like they do for the email field on Forms. 

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner

Hi @SSkias - yep there is nothing to prevent the user from entering their personal email a second time. It is a workaround that does decrease the number of personal emails captured but it would be much better if the functionality was built in like it is with forms. 

FIvanov

@Jonno_Price do you know by any chance how it works with personalized content i.e. since we are using a custom property and the email is not saved during the chat flow, it can't be used in a message "Unfortunately, none of our agents are available. We will send you our price list on [contact email] within 48 hours."?