HubSpot Ideas

omri

Make a custom property unique

Make it possible to define a custom property as a unique field.

Meaning when a data is entered into that field, if it exists in another contact it will alert you of that (like it does for the email field)

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
August 10, 2022 09:43 AM

Hi!

I’m Shay Jones, the Product Manager on the CRM product team.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea has been Delivered to all for Company, Deals, Tickets, and all Custom Object. More information can be found in our Knowledge Base article here.

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

-Shay

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
January 18, 2022 01:37 PM

Hi !

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

-Shay

25 Commentaires
ChoThae
Participant

Upvote for this idea. We need a unique property for contacts as well. Now a unique property is available for Ticket and Custom object but not yet for contacts and companies. 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
shajones
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi!

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea has been Delivered to all for Company, Deals, Tickets, and all Custom Object. More information can be found in our Knowledge Base article here.

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

-Shay

HarvestROI
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum
Hey Shay,

Any news on when this is going to happen for the Contacts object? We have
several clients today that this would be helpful with.
WTrinh
Membre

I think message got lost in translation.  It looks like majority of people are looking for the unique field for Contacts and not Company. Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like this feature is delivered to everything except the Contacts. Is it intentionally not added to Contacts for some reason?

PHix
Participant

@shajones I agree with WTrinh that this feature is available for every record type except the one that was requested. For some reachouts we only use LinkedIn and thus have no email address for a contact. A LinkedIn profile URL is a unique indetifier for a contact as no one will have the same. Because we're unable to create unique value properties for contacts we can't import lists or sync with other tools that have lists based on LI profiles.

I can also see phone numbers being a reasonable basis for unique identifiers.

When can we expect this feature to be available for contacts?