HubSpot Ideas

JLSB

Make Throttling Available for Email Newsletter Sends

By email throttling I mean controlling the amount of email messages sent to one ISP or remote server at one time.  

Sometimes ISPs block messages when a high volume is sent by one sender at one time because they might be concerned its spam. 

Since I use dedicated IPs, a large send cannot be spread out over multiple IP addresses, which is not ideal. Thus, I would like to be able to throttle emails out at different speeds to compensate for this. 

I know send rate limits are available through Amazon SES so it is just a matter of building that integration into Hubspot as well.

I had this feature on Marketo and it was useful to be able to test and monitor this factor.

13 Replies
Sara_Marks

Agreed 1000% 

adriansprake
Participant

yes, we would definitely like the ability to throttle emails too

hubspotter594
Participant

I would like to see email throttling as an option too - but for a slightly different reason:

Since COVID our marketing lists are growing at some rate (we've grown our marketing database by 50% since lockdown began). Due to the HS unique parameters that are added to all links, it is not always practical to link-through to smaller micro-sites. The use of the unique parameter essentially ensures each request of the website is a new cache request and often smaller sites cannot cope with the large volume in a short time period. 

It would be a nice option to say send 250k of emails over a 24 hour period so that everyone didn't receive, open and click through at the same time.

fvigeant
Participant

Marketo is working on this functionality, they said its an issue for their customers with large contact lists. 

EGopaul
Participant

need this!

PaulSandquest
Participant

Any update on this?

cd_wiley

Would love to see this implemented. We send to a lot of associations and brokerages that have spam filters like Barracuda in place. This would prevent flagged emails and emails being automatically sent to promotional inboxes. 

KRodriguez35

This is needed in HubSpot. I've had this feature on so many ESPs, even the old ones that no longer exist prior to using HubSpot in my current role. This would help HS users in a major way. 

laurabren
Contributor

Upvoting this per comments around the new Gmail/Yahoo deliverability changes. Please enable this feature for *all* email types, including feedback survey emails.

DLloyd1

Agree - the latest Google Email Sender Guidelines tells us explicitly that large bursts or suddenly increased send volumes are at risk of deliverability issues. Throttling will be a necessity and should not have to be done through workflows for emails like newsletters. This was available in Marketing Cloud and I was very surprised it is not an option in HubSpot.

annieg241
Contributor

Yes 100%

fvigeant
Participant

The Seventh Sense makes this possible as an integration. 

AVara7
Participant

I feel like I've asked this question of support at HS, and the answer is that HS throttles large sends. If HS is not, please implement soon! I loved the "send over time" feature in my last MAP.