HubSpot Ideas

mhznetworks

Make Saved Sections in Emails Editable

Love the new SAVED SECTIONS for email blocks. But it would be great if those SAVED sections could be editable. As they are now, the content inside the saved section is locked once you save it. 

31 Replies
DianaOliva
Contributor | Diamond Partner

We need that too!, actually I don't find so much value without being able to edit the section.. I have to edit every single email anyway if i want to change the text within a section.

AMB
Participant

100% Agree. This option has little value if we can't edit it!

vserranoh
Participant

This is a great idea, the purpose of having saved sections in the email feature is that it saves time in building up email campaigns so it is important that we can edit them so we can update them when needed. Thanks!

sarahdecarlo
Participant

Another vote for this - I was surprised today to find it's not possible.

KNix
Participant

I was disappointed not to see this possible as well. Our last email software was able to do this and I thought this would be pretty standard.

CBN
Top Contributor

Agreed. You should be able to update the Saved Section.

And even better when reusing the section you should link back to the section instead of copying into the email. Then your future changes would be pulled in automatically when the section is used sending a new email. 

CBN
Top Contributor

And how about just renaming a saved section? What a hassle.

LDyrholm

We need this feature, now! 😩

CBN
Top Contributor

As one Dane to another @LDyrholm - don't hold your breath. HubSpot is not taking our input into consideration even for 'no brainers' ... this one is harder, but still an obvious direction to move for the email templates and automation. 

tmitch_sona
Participant

Just been googling how to edit saved sections in Hubspot and this is the first thing that comes up! Gutted and more than a bit surprised to see it's not currently possible.

mattguevara
Participant | Platinum Partner

This would be an incredibly helpful addition with many use cases! 

JSharratt

We would love to have this! Crazy that it isn't available. 

CAtteberry

Yes, please! 

This needs to be an editable area; it's being used similarly to a global section area and we need more flexibility.

msinon_digi

Agreed. We create a "saved section" for our footer, which includes the year in it. When the year changed over, we had to delete and re-create the saved section just to change the year from 2022 to 2023. 

MMinner22

Agreed! 1st of all - this functionality should already exist. 2nd - saved sections are useless if not editable. 

monscalco

Agreed! It would be great to have this feature

Grita
Participant

Absolutely vital to be able to edit saved sections, and that the changes will be applied in every section, wherever is placed.
Same goes for saved sections for the website. @hubspot please do something!

bmoseley
Participant

Great idea

AnnaKocsis

Yes please! I'd love if the saved section was an editable global item. So if I updated it in the editor that wouldn't only be applicable for future emails but liveautomated emails too. 

MFischer
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes, please. We need that too! It should at least be possible to rename a saved section.