HubSpot Ideas

dsdewhir

Make Marketing Events usable WITHOUT using the API

Ran into this yesterday and was steered here by tech support. There is literally NO way to change basic property data like Start Date and End Date without using the API. We're also unable to select which properties show / are required on the Create New Marketing Event rollout. 

These kinds of issues are egregious, from a marketing perspective, because I'm using the Marketing Event object to track costs and then to tie to Opportunities / Deal-stage revenue so that I could see ROI for different events as well as grouped by event type, which allows me to do things like compare ROI from trade shows to ROI from webinars, for example. But because I can't access or change default properties, I'm constrained from doing things like, e.g., grouping by date properties so I. can see changes over time -- and thus can't do all of the tracking and reporting I'd like to do.

These fields exist in the database and are addressable via API. As a former full-stack developer, I can say with confidence that it would be child's play to make these fields directly editable on the platform, too, while delivering high value to users who'd really like to reporting and analysis in Hubspot.

Thanks!